This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
What’s the point in this over a standard kettle :confused:
It looks exactly the same. I guess the dispense button saves picking up the kettle :p

more efficient at boiling the water.

These dispenser things only boil a small amount of water at a time as it flows through the heating element vs a kettle which heats up all the water at the same time, net result is less energy and time needed to heat it up.

Soldato
I have a 1.5kw eco kettle. It’ll use the same amount of electricity overall but the benefit is reduced power draw, which is very handy if you have solar and a battery.
Thats what I was thinking, it is a positive as you dont require the peak draw which costs more to provide right. I've seen 5kw peak on portable batteries with 240v sockets, cost in the hundreds. I wondered how cheap it would be to avoid these peak rates coming at us and recharge it on low rates.

Is Octopus Go fixed for 1yr at least or it can change at any time ?

Soldato
Soldato
It’s challenging to keep up with the price cap update in October - Ofgem have tweaked the calculation, which makes it more expensive !!

The latest is :
- Gas prices to rise 94%
- Electricity prices to rise 71%

Meaning the average bill is expected to be £3,687 in October, £4,400 from January and £4,700 from April :eek:

Source :

52266926058_89258000d1_c.jpg

Soldato
It’s challenging to keep up with the price cap update in October - Ofgem have tweaked the calculation, which makes it more expensive !!

The latest is :
- Gas prices to rise 94%
- Electricity prices to rise 71%

Meaning the average bill is expected to be £3,687 in October, £4,400 from January and £4,700 from April :eek:

Source :

52266926058_89258000d1_c.jpg
April good weather to riot someone said ...........

Soldato
Just mental and looks like we are going to be stuck with Liz Truss who doesn't believe in handouts and wants to go with tax cuts which won't really help low earners.

The energy required doesn't matter, its about how efficient it is at transfering that energy into heat.

Generally speaking though, 3kw will heat up way faster than a 1kw kettle. 3 times faster more likely. So is it any cheaper, well that really does depend on how long it takes. The efficiency in that fast boil thing is that it literally only heats up the water you need and because its only heating a small amount at a time as it flows through, the system can do it relatively quickly.

50s vs 2-3 minutes for a conventional kettle.

Not only that, but the energy lost is easier to lose the bigger the differential between ambient and actual so if its taking ages to get from 80-100 your potentially letting more energy escape

Back
Top Bottom