This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
So Truss is still looking at Tax Cuts, but this doesn't really solve the elephant in the room.

All retailers will do is increase the prices of products so the Tax Cut makes null.

It's worrying that they don't have no plan at all.

Soldato
It's just come on the radio about how the government are saying they are putting in place contingency plans for blackouts in the winter.

So this means there will be blackouts this winter.

Pretty much apart from services like the NHS, the Government have no plans and if Truss Gets to be PM with just Tax Cuts we are pretty much screwed.

the Energy bill will become unaffordable for many.

I suspect the blackouts will be in the evening from 10pm onwards

Associate
It seems it's just convenient to ignore all the other emissions burning wood gives off and just focus on CO2 to say it's "green" that doesn't include the fact you have to cut the tree down to get the wood, otherwise the tree would live for years not decomposing because it's still alive
They'll come from commercial plantations - more will be planted to replace those cut down. We have a wood-burning stove - it's an lot closer to carbon neutral than any fossil-fuel heating.

Caporegime
I have my 0c rated sleeping bag and thermals from Norway trip.

But electricity, I'm not prepped for losing that. Am I really going to have to get a contingency?

Unbelievable really. But I'd say its not being dramatic to plan for it.

Back
Top Bottom