This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Got mine down to 109W idle, jumps upto 124 when the fridge compressor kicks in. Found the biggest vampire Device was the plasma TV causing a extra 5watts.

Soldato
Sorry I meant why not turn it up, you'll pay less to run it.
That defeats the point then. Whole point of a subcold fridge is low temps for drinks. Only have it going for the warmer months. Right now looking at the meter is showing 67w, it varies a lot but that's the lowest I've seen 250w must be when both fridges and freezers are on.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just seen my first full month on the new tariffs bill. Previous bill was £126.45, this last bill is £165.33. Not as bad as I was expecting. Shell is still saying my direct debit should be £205 though, I have no idea where they're getting that number from. It's currently at £177 and based on last winters gas units, that'll still put me in credit by the end of the financial year.

Details for those interested.

Flat, 2 adults.

Shell Flexible 7
Elec: 28.408p kWh (standing 51.62p)
Gas: 7.476p kWh (standing 27.22p)

Soldato
£/month isn't much use as a comparison when those on SVT might be paying double the unit rates of someone on a historic fixed price tariff.
so i looked
electric now - 29.24p (this is varies to what we are using)
Standing charge - 46.6p inc VAT daily

Gas - Now - 7.380p (this is varies to what we are using)
Standing charge 37.275 inc VAT daily

i understand it all now,lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just seen my first full month on the new tariffs bill. Previous bill was £126.45, this last bill is £165.33. Not as bad as I was expecting. Shell is still saying my direct debit should be £205 though, I have no idea where they're getting that number from. It's currently at £177 and based on last winters gas units, that'll still put me in credit by the end of the financial year.

Details for those interested.

Flat, 2 adults.

Shell Flexible 7
Elec: 28.408p kWh (standing 51.62p)
Gas: 7.476p kWh (standing 27.22p)
Keep in mind the suggestion is also Including the rise in a few months of around 20% as its looking at a full year's period. Also as your probably aware the energy company's are putting DD up more than they should be which they are getting in trouble for.

Caporegime
so i looked
Electric Now - 21.210p
Standing charge - 28.410 inc VAT daily

Gas - Now - 7.380p
Standing charge 37.275 inc VAT daily
You're paying around the price cap for gas (more on the standing charge) and considerably less for electric. If you were paying price cap rates your monthly would be nearer £200 than £150.

Soldato
Keep in mind the suggestion is also Including the rise in a few months of around 20% as its looking at a full year's period. Also as your probably aware the energy company's are putting DD up more than they should be which they are getting in trouble for.
People questioning why their monthly payments are being requested higher than current use, should consider that April/May isn’t typical use for all months of the year.

Back
Top Bottom