This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
I'm going to lose my **** when my fixed runs out in October. I wish I'd fixed for 2 to 3 years at the slightly higher rate but had no idea this was going to go full crazy.

We already don't run a car, cut back on food shopping to about £85 a week (family of 4 + cat) and have to cover the mortgage and all other bills, I've reduced my pension contribution to claw back about £50 a month (wiped out by the rise in NI next month)

These price increases people are quoting now for gas/elec, I just can't see how we're going to afford it at all come October and the 2nd massive increase.

I need to make my house a sweatbox, seal up every possible heat leaking source.

Soldato
I'm going to lose my **** when my fixed runs out in October. I wish I'd fixed for 2 to 3 years at the slightly higher rate but had no idea this was going to go full crazy.

We already don't run a car, cut back on food shopping to about £85 a week (family of 4 + cat) and have to cover the mortgage and all other bills, I've reduced my pension contribution to claw back about £50 a month (wiped out by the rise in NI next month)

These price increases people are quoting now for gas/elec, I just can't see how we're going to afford it at all come October and the 2nd massive increase.

I need to make my house a sweatbox, seal up every possible heat leaking source.
Live of baked beans, free heating:cry:.

Soldato
I've been pretty frugal with reducing all my bills as much as possible but it all completely pales to the rises coming my way. Total joke and not a thing I can do about it.

Soldato
. Total joke and not a thing I can do about it.
Anything increasing in price isn’t good but if the commodity cost goes up then so does the price for the people that use it. So it’s not a ‘total joke’
Secondly, there are other options for home energy, other than signing up to an energy supplier.

Everyone needs to plan, understand and be in control of their own situations and not blame the system/other people when disruption happens.

fez

fez

Caporegime
And this is part of the reason why there needed to be more regulation on the plethora of companies who had been operating on losses or crazy fine margins for years.

This does my head in like little else. We have created a system which removes the burden of responsibility to run companies in a sustainable way long term and allowed companies to just take profits when the going is good and go bust or get bailed out when their greed has left them open to issues when times are bad.

People had been saying for years that some of these energy startups were charging too little and basically making a loss to get more customers. I got a referral credit of £150 I think when I joined one company and then when I moved, I referred my partner and we both got another £100 credit and their prices were already pretty much the lowest on offer. Unsurprisingly they went bust when prices went up.

You cannot have free market rules for companies that will put the burden on the state when they make awful financial decisions.

The taxpayer is now on the hooks for god knows how many billions and I'm sure that there are loads of people still on fixed tariffs that mean that they are paying far less than they should and who will cover their savings? The taxpayer.

Just ridiculous.

Caporegime
In layman's terms why are they increasing?

Other energy suppliers going bust? Them not charging enough? How is that our problem? It all appears to have gone from 'you'll only be charged X amount otherwise we'll move you to a cheaper tariff' to 'lolol, stfu we can double prices now trolololol'.

Caporegime
Anything increasing in price isn’t good but if the commodity cost goes up then so does the price for the people that use it. So it’s not a ‘total joke’
Secondly, there are other options for home energy, other than signing up to an energy supplier.

Everyone needs to plan, understand and be in control of their own situations and not blame the system/other people when disruption happens.

Do tell? New build, no chimney, so i can't go lighting fires.

Caporegime
In layman's terms why are they increasing?

Other energy suppliers going bust? Them not charging enough? How is that our problem? It all appears to have gone from 'you'll only be charged X amount otherwise we'll move you to a cheaper tariff' to 'lolol, stfu we can double prices now trolololol'.

It's our problem as someone has to pay. And that's always tax payers.

Even though we know about this shock. There are still going to be people blindsided by this come April

Soldato
It's our problem as someone has to pay. And that's always tax payers.

Even though we know about this shock. There are still going to be people blindsided by this come April
Oh yes, there'll be a lot of people sleepwalking into the rises. Sunaks £200 loan isn't going to help much.

Back
Top Bottom