This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Yeah I got my 2024 fixed deal last August my previous one was up in Sept anyway. The lottery outcome will be what the prices are like Sept 2024. My inlaws used to be on standard tariff for years and years because they dont know how to change it after years of badgering they finally did the other year now they are thankful too.

With the solar panels on the roof for the electric it not as bad as the doom monger media are making out.
It's quite likely a death sentence for some people with no fixed deal or solar panels.

Commissario
It's quite likely a death sentence for some people with no fixed deal or solar panels.
Something I never realised until the other day is that if you have "life saving" or medical equipment in your home you apparently don't get any help with the cost of running it (in terms of electricity) above what you might be eligible for as pip/dla (which is likely already going to be going towards other disability related costs such as transport or paying for carers).

Soldato
Something I never realised until the other day is that if you have "life saving" or medical equipment in your home you apparently don't get any help with the cost of running it (in terms of electricity) above what you might be eligible for as pip/dla (which is likely already going to be going towards other disability related costs such as transport or paying for carers).
Yeah was kind of surprised (but also not surprised in another way) to hear that was the case. Seems to me like putting some funding towards subsidising energy bills for those running medical equipment might have been a better use of government time than planning out a £200 not-a-loan for everyone, which will hardly put a dent in the increased costs for the most vulnerable.

Soldato
The poor (and not so poor) and disabled are going to be in real trouble, the government needs to get a grip and quickly. We're lucky as we fixed for 3 years late last year before prices went mental, but I have real sympathy for people not in that position.

Associate
Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh come on £50 quilt a day! Was she running her heating & hot water at peak times
shes got electric heaters in each room or something..
the old pensioner 390 a month? what? I'm only about 50(100soon)a month and I'm in the house 24/7 almost sitting on a pc wasting my life away.

I always eat hot meals too and never get takeaway or eat out.. this pensioner probably has an electric blanket and electric heaters or shes growing something green

Soldato
Negative !!
Targets set by Ofgem need to be met first to release most profits. Achieving these targets are a priority , which put the customer and energy supply first.

Half the problem with this country is everyone has an ‘opinion’ which they think is fact, yet they don’t understand how the industry works.
Exactly. Look at the state of the waste in public services, what you think you'd save in moving things to state owned would pale in comparison to the lost efficiency!

Caporegime
I don't think summer will be too bad. It won't be great. But hopefully people will manage.

But come this winter.. Well. All bets are off.
If there is no more help than now loads are going to die.

Future is genuinely bleak as it stands today.

Associate
shes got electric heaters in each room or something..
the old pensioner 390 a month? what? I'm only about 50(100soon)a month and I'm in the house 24/7 almost sitting on a pc wasting my life away.

I always eat hot meals too and never get takeaway or eat out.. this pensioner probably has an electric blanket and electric heaters or shes growing something green
I just read about the old pensioner £390 for electric & £390 for gas WoW what are they smoking? I also have an house with missus just got an £230.00 electric bill last week for three months that will soon go up then,

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried helping somebody submit a reading to Octopus and their website is conveniently broken and I'm really struggling to get a reading submitted. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom