This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Associate
Stop being so dramatic. If these people had actually done something about it instead of leaving it too late there are meant to be 2 million households on standard tarrif for instance. If they had changed to a fixed tariff they would be fine for a year or two. Its not like they didnt know the price rise is coming.

Wow, to blame people on standard tariff rates is pathetic

I'm sure I will not freeze to death because of the price rise, but I'm luckier than some in that I have some capacity in my finances - I was with a supplier that went bust, and didn't have an opportunity to fix to anything even close to the cap

Soldato
Stop being so dramatic. If these people had actually done something about it instead of leaving it too late there are meant to be 2 million households on standard tarrif for instance. If they had changed to a fixed tariff they would be fine for a year or two. Its not like they didnt know the price rise is coming.

You would have had to change latest in November because the fixed rates have been as high as the expected October rise this year since mid December! So no you couldn't just fix your tariff knowing about it because you'd need to know ahead of the energy companies all of what is happening and that just isn't likely. I tried to change to a fixed since mid December but was worse of compared to just sitting on variable till end of this year still.

Soldato
Don't worry gents, the countries gas transmission company has just been sold to the same company that screwed over Trent water. So expect the value of gas to go up as they try and make more of a profit

Soldato

Morons gonna moron

Caporegime
You would have had to change latest in November because the fixed rates have been as high as the expected October rise this year since mid December! So no you couldn't just fix your tariff knowing about it because you'd need to know ahead of the energy companies all of what is happening and that just isn't likely. I tried to change to a fixed since mid December but was worse of compared to just sitting on variable till end of this year still.

Apparently there was a great deal recently.

96p per litre for heating oil for my son last week, I managed to get a fixed price energy tarrif last week at the pre rise price . I haven't seen any petrol price reduction since the budget maybe it just curtailed ongoing rises.

Soldato
Double whammy for hospitality
Local Better swimming pool are limiting lighting on the pool - yes, I suppose I'd rather that than a subscription increase
- seems Japan had some good ideas on nationwide/suburban savings after fukushima
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/aug/22/energy-saving-setsuden-japan-fukushima
so why not reduce street lights and commercial signage, if they are dimmable.

Interesting take at govt committe hearing on suppliers finances come October, because they can no longer hedge (it's a written book now) against future increases
for those remaining fixed contracts jack,varkanoid ..... https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/3a739494-69b6-4936-ad5c-706941ef0128 11:31

Soldato
Wow, to blame people on standard tariff rates is pathetic

I'm sure I will not freeze to death because of the price rise, but I'm luckier than some in that I have some capacity in my finances - I was with a supplier that went bust, and didn't have an opportunity to fix to anything even close to the cap

Same here I was advised to switch to a cheaper provider which i did and then... it went bust and now the new supplier, well you can guess what thats like I've just received an email my account is now £350 in the red. If it wasn't so serious it'd be hilarious the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Meanwhile local authority continues to waste money like water (heating left on all weekend for one despite building being empty) I have to deal with these sites so see it all the time.

Soldato
Yup, I switched to another supplier on a fixed deal and they went bust two weeks later :rolleyes:

Lots I could do about that eh?

Now marooned on the standard tariff with octopus watching it go up 50% every few months.

I now have a projected estimate of £3000 for the next 12 months usage. Fantastic.

Hohum, at least I actually have the income to actually pay it. I worry about old vulnerable people on tiny pensions freezing to death this winter :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Found out this week that the energy bill for our works building will be increasing to £1.2m next year. It is over 100 years old though.

Wonder how much the NHS are paying. Hospitals are massive places, and always red hot (even in summer they keep the radiators on).

They might be using combined heat and power generators meaning the heating is free...

Caporegime
When my supplier (green) went bust. I was very careful to refix with a big six. First time I've been with a big 6. But seeing the cascade of failures from little firms I didn't want to risk going with a minnow.

Back
Top Bottom