This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
Unfortunately until the US etc start giving a single **** about the environment whatever we do is a tiny drop in the ocean.

As a very loose comparison, the US produces about 3x the CO2 per-capita of the UK. We should be doing what we can but we are roughly 66th in the world in per-capita emissions. Part of that is that we are not a manufacturing country but a large part of it is that we simply don't **** energy up the walls like other countries because its already expensive and we do have a vague national eye on emissions.

Yea but if we all have that mindset how will anything ever change in even the slightest way.

Soldato
Unfortunately until the US etc start giving a single **** about the environment whatever we do is a tiny drop in the ocean.

As a very loose comparison, the US produces about 3x the CO2 per-capita of the UK. We should be doing what we can but we are roughly 66th in the world in per-capita emissions. Part of that is that we are not a manufacturing country but a large part of it is that we simply don't **** energy up the walls like other countries because its already expensive and we do have a vague national eye on emissions.

UK average usage is pretty low really, looks at how we compare to places like the US and Saudi Arabia must have people running 24/7 air con.
https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/how-much-electricity-does-a-home-use (prices are well out of date now)

If the future of the UK is classing a dishwasher as a luxury item then things are pretty dire :p

Soldato
Yea but if we all have that mindset how will anything ever change in even the slightest way.
See me previous:

takes many drips to make a waterfall.

do people forget about how much we make use of dirt cheap labour in Asia…yet complain about their environmental impact to justify us doing nothing ( not specifically aimed at you fez)

Soldato
Little Timmy might put on that electric heater on in his room because pop's was too tight not puting on the central heating :eek::eek::eek::eek:...................:eek:

Funny when electricity was cheap as heck yes it relatively still is I get it, some people spend more on a Costa everyday, however not so much now where some people are going to face real poverty from it.

Soldato
In the 90's sure, a dishwasher is pretty standard now in a family home.

Standard doesn't mean it needs to be used or mean that it isn't a luxury item, when you can use a bowl of water to do most the dishes and make difference to your usage.

I have one. Never really used it. Never seems to clean as well anyway.

How do I work out the cost of my fridge freezer per annum?

Having a google around it says my class 'D' energy fridge freezer should cost around £31.20 a year to run, this was published Jan 5, 2022,

"D-rated 70/30 294-litre fridge freezer and its usage is 156 kWh a year, costing just £31.20 to run annually."

I find that very hard to believe, even if you double the cost that seems cheap, looking at the manual for my fridge freezer it says it runs @ 180w but I'm guessing it won't run at that wattage all the time?

Soldato

Having a google around it says my class 'D' energy fridge freezer should cost around £31.20 a year to run, this was published Jan 5, 2022,

"D-rated 70/30 294-litre fridge freezer and its usage is 156 kWh a year, costing just £31.20 to run annually."

I find that very hard to believe, even if you double the cost that seems cheap, looking at the manual for my fridge freezer it says it runs @ 180w but I'm guessing it won't run at that wattage all the time?

Yours 46 quid a year

Soldato
It is though and always has been?

Dishwashers are actually quite efficient in both water and electricity. They might cost a slight bit more than hand washing, but assuming you load the dishwasher correctly, it's not going to save you that much money over the course of a year.

Soldato
Standard doesn't mean it needs to be used or mean that it isn't a luxury item, when you can use a bowl of water to do most the dishes and make difference to your usage.

I have one. Never really used it. Never seems to clean as well anyway.

Dunno our dishwasher on eco mode uses 0.8kwh and that will clean pretty much everything used in the day (all at the same time).

For a family washing up multiple times a day (can't hide it away in the dishwasher) with multiple bowls of water probably isn't much cheaper on gas, likely more expensive with electric water heating.

If it doesn't come out clean it means you are one of those heathens who can't stack a dishwasher properly :D

The compressor will cycle on and off, so will be sitting at pretty much 0 a lot of the time.

They recently changed the energy ratings so it gets a bit confusing matching up older appliances energy ratings.

Back
Top Bottom