This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Soldato
It's ridiculous that they charge extra for 4k these days!

Really it should all be 4K stream and just pay on number of users as a single or family tier like Spotify with two levels. £7.99 for single and £11.99 for Family (5 profiles) seems like it would be the better balance. If you consider Prime and Disney+ is £7.99 a month (or £79 a year) then it just shows how overpriced Netflix is really. The fact the other two services are rolling out at £7.99 a month is because they are able to be subsidised by other income, however £11.99 a month for Netflix would in my view be fair.

Soldato
Yeah you'll need to use a VPN and some payment cards won't work. I use Starling and haven't had any issues.

For example, I pay (exchange rate dependent) about £1.50 for Tidal HiFi Plus Family.
So I'd have to pay for a VPN, probably cost more than the £5.99 I'm paying. Lol

Associate
Was reading that the energy companies are now under investigation as they've been taking the pee with direct debit payments and treatment to some customers that are struggling with the massive price rises

Sister n law has gone from £130 per month for both gas and electric to £430 per month

I'm not great at maths but that doesn't look like 50% to me

Caporegime
So I'd have to pay for a VPN, probably cost more than the £5.99 I'm paying. Lol

TunnelBear offer a free VPN with 500mb of data. Should be enough to allow you to quickly sign up to services.

Not sure if Turkey Netflix is an easy sign up anymore, lots of talk about gift cards and verifying mobile, I haven't bothered reading too much into it.

Netflix

Colombia | Premium - COP 38900 (£8) | Standard - COP 26900 (£5.50)
Brazil | Premium - BRL 59.90 (£9.80) | Standard - BRL 39.90 (£6.50)

Tidal

Argentina | HiFi Plus (Individual) - ARS 145 (£1) | HiFi Plus (Family) - ARS 225 (£1.50)

Didn't realise that Colombia was about a whole £ cheaper for Netflix now.

Soldato
TunnelBear offer a free VPN with 500mb of data. Should be enough to allow you to quickly sign up to services.

Not sure if Turkey Netflix is an easy sign up anymore, lots of talk about gift cards and verifying mobile, I haven't bothered reading too much into it.

Netflix

Colombia | Premium - COP 38900 (£8) | Standard - COP 26900 (£5.50)
Brazil | Premium - BRL 59.90 (£9.80) | Standard - BRL 39.90 (£6.50)

Tidal

Argentina | HiFi Plus (Individual) - ARS 145 (£1) | HiFi Plus (Family) - ARS 225 (£1.50)

Didn't realise that Colombia was about a whole £ cheaper for Netflix now.

Once you sign up does Netflix not check there after for the monthly payment coming from UK with UK account or do you need the VPN on all time you then use Netflix? Or are you locked to say Colombia Netflix and their selection rather than the UK selection?

Caporegime
Once you sign up does Netflix not check there after for the monthly payment coming from UK with UK account or do you need the VPN on all time you then use Netflix? Or are you locked to say Colombia Netflix and their selection rather than the UK selection?

At payment you might have an issue with some card issuers but I've not had any problems with Starling. I think you might still have to partially signup with a UK account / let a UK account lapse with a payment card already applied to the account. See this HDUK thread. I honestly can't remember if I signed up and then cancelled and reactivated after a month it was that long ago.

The catalogue will be for which ever region you're viewing from, so it'll be UK.

Soldato
At payment you might have an issue with some card issuers but I've not had any problems with Starling. I think you might still have to partially signup with a UK account / let a UK account lapse with a payment card already applied to the account. See this HDUK thread. I honestly can't remember if I signed up and then cancelled and reactivated after a month it was that long ago.

The catalogue will be for which ever region you're viewing from, so it'll be UK.

Ta buddy. May well take a look at this then. I was just going to cancel but if it can be hard at a reasonable price then fair enough.

Soldato
Was reading that the energy companies are now under investigation as they've been taking the pee with direct debit payments and treatment to some customers that are struggling with the massive price rises

Sister n law has gone from £130 per month for both gas and electric to £430 per month

I'm not great at maths but that doesn't look like 50% to me
Does she owe them a bit of money already? That could be one possible reason.

Back
Top Bottom