This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

IMG-0090.jpg

Meter readig you need to switch it to the real time setting

Soldato
Do you know how much power your oven uses - have you been able to measure it ?
of course, a plugged in microwave is easy to monitor with an energy meter
If you turn on an oven, you usually plan to cook several elements of a meal too, so, even the microwaves are cheaper meme, needs analysis - it is akin to batch cooking.
( eg. we had the oven on last night did mac'n'cheese, a bakewell tart, rice pudding )

You can find out the energy use of the oven in the instructions manual, they all vary.

As they are controlled by a thermostat which regulates the temperature and energy use, the initial heatup phase uses considerably more electricty than it would to maintain a temperature.

My oven uses 2.3kw/h to heat up it then drops to <1kw/h to maintain, 1 hob uses 1.3kw/h, all 4 hobs on would be 4.3kw/h to warm up, again it then drops considerably to maintain the temperature. Everything on at the same time is ~7.6kw/h to warm up, which is the maximum load my consumer unit can provide (32a fuse @ 240v is 7680w or 7.6kw)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Not at all, if you do the right thing in the first place your not dammed.

While the global situation is not in Tory scum HQ control, the response to it is and quite frankly it has been self serving the rich only.

Screw em and get rid.

Soldato
You say screw em and get rid, but what do you replace them with?

They (certainly the 2 main parties) are as bad as each other. Bojo with partygate is all over the news, but don't forget Starmer did exactly the same, and also lied about it.

Soldato
OP
I have kept a log of the first week - from midnight Sunday to midnight Sunday and I used 57 KW which I assume would have been 57 units on old meter so at the moment the old and new seem to be reading accurate (the same) so I am happy with new smart meter.

My highest usage was yesterday with 9.57 KW -£2.10p -Two loads of washing and roast chicken and spuds and god knows how many cups of tea in the day.

Soldato
The war in Ukraine will effect commodity prices also Russia I guess was some of the market supply for various ingredients. They produce a lot of food so that could be it, some of the grain silos were blown up to starve the population into surrendering etc. The country exports a lot, the ports are not usable and now also other transport is being targetted that blocks production export that cannot be replaced immediately. Entire countries will be short of food if they dont pay these higher prices.

Agriculture and food generally over the next decade I have rising a lot due to strong demand and long term under-investment

Where about's is that?
Did you get a manual, your device is different to mine so cant say specifically

Normally they show real time readings in kwh/cost as well, meter reading and your current rates

Those 4 dots across the bottom make me think you have 4 screens available
you should be able to scroll right by the look of it

Soldato
Did you get a manual, your device is different to mine so cant say specifically

Normally they show real time readings in kwh/cost as well, meter reading and your current rates

Those 4 dots across the bottom make me think you have 4 screens available
you should be able to scroll right by the look of it

Yeah, but it was only gave some basic guide to it. Im with Octopus, I looked everywhere in the settings.

That reading I gave above does change every few seconds.

Soldato
Caporegime
On mine it's dead simple
Buttons are massive (a bit annoying it feels like they need physical pressure even though they are part of the screen)

Main buttons on mine.
Home - shows daily cost in £
Now - live power draw in W
Calendar - for changing time frame.
Settings etc

Usually have it on "home" to see how much cash I'm. Burning.
Or "Now" if I'm trying to find. Out how much TV uses for example

Back
Top Bottom