Poll: This is why i dislike social media

Is it ok to take the photo and share it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I think the disgusting thing is that there is even a debate about whether this is disgusting or not. Really baffles me how anyone could consider a pic of a naked child disgusting. Do the same people get disgusted on the beach when kids are running around naked? Its perfectly normal and natural in most of the world.

I know people get disgusted when I run around on the beach naked.... :(

Soldato
Its not the sort of thing I'd want uploaded to social media of me or my family admittedly, but why some people think its offensive is beyond me.

The problem with social media is it gives ignorant fools with an over inflated self worth with no actual knowledge or experience on a subject the ability to spout off to a wider audience.

Associate
I see no issue with the picture or the fact they chose to post it onto social media. Whilst I may choose not to post such a picture it doesn't concern me that someone else may choose to post images like this to social media. Why should it? The image isn't going to force you to share similar images. If this family choose to share such images then that is their choice and one they should be allowed.

Why some people have to sexualise absolutely everything I do now know and I suspect is one of the main reasons people are 'up in arms' about this image being posted to social media.

So many people out there need to get a grip and get less offended by anything and everything. Even worse when they try to rally the troupes behind them to get people on their side so that they feel justified in what they are saying.

Soldato
i dont see a problem with the photo or posting it to social media.

however they probably should check their privacy options so that only friends or family could see/share it.

Soldato
I agree it is all very natural and sweet but that doesn't mean it isn't a "warts and all" type picture. It is still naked people in the shower and in reality that often isn't an attractive sight.

It is just uncomfortably personal and way beyond anything I would post.

So I voted no.

V F

V F

Soldato
Its not the sort of thing I'd want uploaded to social media of me or my family admittedly, but why some people think its offensive is beyond me.

The problem with social media is it gives ignorant fools with an over inflated self worth with no actual knowledge or experience on a subject the ability to spout off to a wider audience.

Another one that everyone seems to be talking about that has gone viral.

Soldato
free speech - some will like it and some not.

Its a great picture and I wouldn't have shared it but then I hardly post anything - but I understand after the danger had passed why they did .

At least its not a picture of a cat or food

Soldato
Again, people forget she's a photographer

Anyway, old news

That's what I came in here to say. It's a good photo and tells a story about a part of life that isn't shown that much, which is what every photographer wants from an image. So naturally this was about sharing that rather than "Hey look at my sick child and his dad naked in the shower".

Back
Top Bottom