This is why people are losing respect for the police...

Soldato
Of course! The women folk have long whined for equality, let them have it. Not that I am aware of any female friends or acquaintances with a penchant for "auditing" government establishments, but I know at least one who claims to "have a thing" for men in uniform. My overalls didn't cut it however.... :(

I am sure any normal heterosexual male copper (there must be some left?) wouldn't take umbrage should she approach him nicely to ask for a photo, she's damned attractive and flirtatious.

:D:D:D

Soldato
@lovelyhead

Just because something is legal, doesn't necessarily make it "right".

After all if you want to go back to the Nazi Germany comparison which you made, there was legislation passed which essentially made it legal to persecute Jews. Sounds like you agree that this was "OK" since at the time it was legal?

Whilst laws and "right and wrong"/ethics/morality/whatever you want to use generally go hand in hand, this is certainly not always the case.

It might be "legal" to be a **** and get in someone's face with abuse whilst they're trying to do an already very difficult job, but that doesn't mean you're any less of a **** for doing so, and you certainly shouldn't be surprised if you end up getting treated like a ****

Soldato
In a democratic society is does.

I disagree. It is impossible to write legislation to cover all situations in a perfectly foolproof manner, so it tends to err on the side of caution (e.g. "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.").

I expect most people (freemen of the land conspiracy nutters aside) would agree that harrrassing and abusing police officers (or in fact anyone else) going about their business is a bit out of order; the problem is that it would be impractical to write any legislation to prevent it without the risk of it being open to the sort of abuse various posters have mentioned earlier in the thread.

So it remains legal, and certain segments of society think that means it's perfectly OK to do so.

Whilst I agree with all of the above, I do think those certain segments of society should maybe consider the kind of society they want to live in.

Permabanned
Posters advocating police violence in this thread :confused:

Would you draw the line at beating a confession out of someone?

A confession is borderline, but no hard line drawn at all for certain convicted crimes, for example a jury conviction of murder of a child with the perpetrator's refusal to say where he or she has hidden the body, I would happily do the violent bit ;) Or a terrorist with knowledge of further or ongoing atrocities. Lots of examples where a good beating for further evidence would be acceptable to me. Next...

Soldato
A confession is borderline, but no hard line drawn at all for certain convicted crimes, for example a jury conviction of murder of a child with the perpetrator's refusal to say where he or she has hidden the body, I would happily do the violent bit ;) Or a terrorist with knowledge of further or ongoing atrocities. Lots of examples where a good beating for further evidence would be acceptable to me. Next...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Six

Justice served. Maybe one of your family/friends at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Permabanned
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Six

Justice served. Maybe one of your family/friends at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whether the quashing of their convictions was right or wrong I am afraid I am pragmatic enough to realise perfection in an imperfect world is a pipe dream. There have indeed been some dreadful miscarriages of justice worldwide, there have also been a myriad of families left in perpetual anguish because convicted criminals have denied their victims families and loved ones a decent burial for their bodies.

Brady and Hindley and that poor little tyke Keith Bennett? Ian Simms and angelic Helen McCourt? Chantel Taylor? Countless tears of anguish, lives on hold until their parents' death, all could have been spared by a medically astute man with a pair of rusty pliers and little compassion for tongue tied sadists who had admitted their terrible deeds but refused to give closure to their victims' family.

Soldato
Good good. I’m getting a bit tired actually, and just can’t be bothered in all honesty. Truth be told you just come across as young and naive.

I’ve worked hard, and live in a nice area and have nice things. So in my opinion, when I see on TV all these gobby **** that want take or damage things I’ve worked hard for, because they think the world owes them a favour, because they think they’re special or above the law, I absolutely endorse the police having more power.

This auditing thing is simply childish and pathetic and in my mind, serves no useful purpose. Just another example of some muppet putting a drain on society. A society like a lot on here, I contribute a lot for in my monthly salary.

So, get a grip, dismount from your high horse and stop posting nonsense.

Fraid to say I think you sound more naive than you think. You fall to easily into the I've tried hard and had a decent life so I must yard stick to judge everyone else on.
What actually happens in real life is that a lot of these mouthy kids you talk about had parents who worked hard but they didn't have jobs that allowed them to be living a well off area like you. Some people have to be cleaners you know.

If anything you sound a bit judgemental. Sadly society doesn't do enough to help people out who have to work their arses of doing the jobs that none of us want to do (carers, cleaners, mums, etc) that don't pay big Bucks. Covid showed just how badly we treat service workers that are vital but low skilled.
Often people in these situations have trouble working and looking after kids and paying growing prices that don't match wages, and this leads to a lack of discipline and stress, especially from single parent households. Poor people don't make bad kids on purpose, the bad kids are a side effect of governments unwilling to help those who need it most, because were to easy to judge them as bad people, exactly like your doing. In some ways the dregs of society are owed a favour. Might make them less likely to be those people you hate.

Your assuming, even though you may not be doing it on purpose that because your alright, everyone else should be, without realising there are large amounts of reasons that life isn't all rosey for everyone.
Every layers of society is built on the backs of the ones below them. Your even worse if your judging people like that after having managed to escape such a life, if not then like I said, your just naive of what happens to those around you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fraid to say I think you sound more naive than you think. You fall to easily into the I've tried hard and had a decent life so I must yard stick to judge everyone else on.
What actually happens in real life is that a lot of these mouthy kids you talk about had parents who worked hard but they didn't have jobs that allowed them to be living a well off area like you. Some people have to be cleaners you know.

If anything you sound a bit judgemental. Sadly society doesn't do enough to help people out who have to work their arses of doing the jobs that none of us want to do (carers, cleaners, mums, etc) that don't pay big Bucks. Covid showed just how badly we treat service workers that are vital but low skilled.
Often people in these situations have trouble working and looking after kids and paying growing prices that don't match wages, and this leads to a lack of discipline and stress, especially from single parent households. Poor people don't make bad kids on purpose, the bad kids are a side effect of governments unwilling to help those who need it most, because were to easy to judge them as bad people, exactly like your doing. In some ways the dregs of society are owed a favour. Might make them less likely to be those people you hate.

Your assuming, even though you may not be doing it on purpose that because your alright, everyone else should be, without realising there are large amounts of reasons that life isn't all rosey for everyone.
Every layers of society is built on the backs of the ones below them. Your even worse if your judging people like that after having managed to escape such a life, if not then like I said, your just naive of what happens to those around you.

Sorry to be a pain, but could you provide a summary so I don’t have to read the wall of text?

In the interim, to keep you motivated:

1) Love your posting style! If I could be bothered to read it, I’m sure I’d be complimenting your contribution
2) Thanks!

Soldato
Wow. Says it all really, you have a superiority complex which you've proved by neither knowing anything about others or the inability to read a few paragraphs
I reckon your trolling.

Soldato
Some good news for once. Court of Appeal just ruled 'Non-Crime Hate Crime' incidents being kept on Police databases are an unlawful interference in freedom of expression.
The judge held that perception-based recording of non-crime incidents is not ‘per se unlawful’, but said that ‘some additional safeguards should be put in place so that the incursion into freedom of expression is no more than is strictly necessary’.
I'm not sure we've seen the end of "Non-Crime Hate Crime".

Soldato
I've been following this situation too.

Don't the police have to give a the reason why a person is being arrested?
They've got it in for a youtuber called Alex Belfield who must have seriously ****** the BBC off. Now they're using the police in a vendetta against him.

Thread bump. I couldn't find a specific thread about this individual but his situation has been covered in thread. Anyways:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-62925746

BBC said:

Alex Belfield: Former BBC presenter jailed for stalking​

A former BBC radio presenter found guilty of stalking four people including broadcaster Jeremy Vine has been jailed for five and a half years.

Alex Belfield, who now runs a YouTube channel, stalked his victims by harassing them online.

His trial heard he made YouTube videos about them, posted messages on social media, sent emails, and also encouraged his followers to target them.

The judge said one of his victims was "seconds away" from killing himself.
"You made communications which had serious impacts on the private lives of the complainants and had distressing effects on their physical and mental health," Mr Justice Saini said.

The judge told Belfield that while he did not engage in "traditional stalking", his methods were "just as effective a way of intimidating victims, and in many ways much harder to deal with".

I guess we've finally got an answer as to why he got his back door smashed by the Police made doubly worse because he'll get his back door will get smashed again by the convicts he'll be sharing a prison cell with.

It would be good to get someone like BlackBelt Barrister take on all this.

Back
Top Bottom