Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Don
Once OcUK post a RULE stating what can't be posted outside of spoiler tags then I will follow that but until then, if the film has been released for 14 days then I think that is fair game for spoilers outside of tags. Again once a decision is made I'll abide by whatever that decision is but only after it's an official OcUK rule.

The above is a reasonable request, and individual comments made in a thread supercede any overall rules. If you (or others) are going to deliberately ignore it, then it will ultimately result in action being taken.

On a more personal note, I would respectfully suggest that, as a Don, it would be worth losing the rolleyes from your earlier post and really reconsider the wording of your 2nd post. A Don should know better than to let "personal feelings" interfere with the work required as a Don.

If you have an issue, please post in the Forum Content Discussion section.

Associate
Put the handbags down boys and girls. Coming into a thread over a week after the film has been released and not wanting to be spoiled is pretty dumb. Just steer clear once it's out. It's what I did. Sure, don't go charging into a thread after catching a 6am showing on the first day and post shouting, "Bruce Willis was DEAD ALL ALONG!"

Nobody have any common sense any more?

Anyway, loved it. 2/10 for emotional weight but about 80/10 for just pure big bold fun that as long as you let it will have you smiling (and laughing) the whole way along. New Doug: Ragnarok is great.

Soldato
I like Marvel movies, but I've not seen them all... Saw this in the cinema yesterday and thought it was pretty great. Although it felt like a mini Avengers film, rather than a Thor film.

I'd have been quite happy for the whole film to have been set on that scrapyard junker planet (I never pay much attention to names) tbh. Really liked that area.

Soldato
If this happens:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/21st-...-in-talks-to-sell-to-disney-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

Marvel would have access to the X-men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool.

As much as I like them, I have always thought that Marvel not having the rights to X-men was kind of a blessing in disguise tbh. All of the different characters and plots are complicated enough as it is without adding another group of powerful characters. I think the MCU has done fine without them.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah let Infinity war close it all off.

Then we can have another 10 year movie plan culminating with Captain Marvel kicking everyone`s arse :)

Caporegime
Would people accept a complete MCU reboot in ten years time? New actors playing Ironman, Thor, Nick Fury etc? I'm not sure that would go down so well without a decently long gap which Disney won't be happy with. So where do they go? Cap being killed and Bucky becoming Captain America, Valkyrie becoming Thor, even without Mjollnir? I know there's quite a few storylines they can easily go down but some of them are rather ridiculous and often involve retcon or someone magically coming back to life. With the MCU having at least some basis in reality compared to the comics when someone dies they'll likely stay dead. So unless Disney comes up with a plan, in 8-10 years time they'll have to either stop making MCU films and shoot one of their golden gooses, or reboot. And I'm not sure how that's going to go down.

Caporegime
Hang on a jiffy. Thor has lost his eye in this film but in the leaked Avengers IW trailer - pretty sure he had both eyes. What gives?

Associate
Would people accept a complete MCU reboot in ten years time? New actors playing Ironman, Thor, Nick Fury etc? I'm not sure that would go down so well without a decently long gap which Disney won't be happy with. So where do they go? Cap being killed and Bucky becoming Captain America, Valkyrie becoming Thor, even without Mjollnir? I know there's quite a few storylines they can easily go down but some of them are rather ridiculous and often involve retcon or someone magically coming back to life. With the MCU having at least some basis in reality compared to the comics when someone dies they'll likely stay dead. So unless Disney comes up with a plan, in 8-10 years time they'll have to either stop making MCU films and shoot one of their golden gooses, or reboot. And I'm not sure how that's going to go down.

They could do Invasion and have everybody be Skrulls...replace them with the "real" heroes. Admittedly, I didn't finish Invasion because it was rubbish, but I think that was how it basically went :D

Or reboot with the Ultimate universe?

Soldato
I went to see this last night and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

Not taking itself seriously was a huge plus point and Jeff Goldblum was hilarious imo.

And lol at that cameo :p

Caporegime

There is one last infinity stone that hadn't been identified in the MCU and that is the Soul Stone.

So we'll see what they do with that. Potentially they could use it to bring people back.

Caporegime
There is one last infinity stone that hadn't been identified in the MCU and that is the Soul Stone.

So we'll see what they do with that. Potentially they could use it to bring people back.
Some have suggested Heimdall has possession of the Soul Stone which is why he sees everyone and everything. 'I can see nine realms and ten trillion souls'.

Back
Top Bottom