Thor: Ragnarok - Official Teaser Trailer

Soldato
Reactions from others here are looking well optimistic, which is very pleasing.
From the trailer I have little to no idea how it will turn out, but I hope the antipodean spending spree including a very interesting off beat director, really pays off as much as I hoped.

Biggest fear at the moment is that commitment to the wider MCU has a negative impact here.

Soldato
I think GotG created such a memorable aesthetic for the Cosmic side of the MCU that it makes sense to keep going with it moving forward both for continuity and just because it really pops out of the screen.
I enjoyed GOTG at the cinema, diminishingly so on repeat visits, hopefully this is distinctive even if parallels are there.

Caporegime
That changes things from the first trailer, looks like Hulk vs Thor will be over at the start of the film then push on to all the other stuff.

That can't be at the start of the film, Thor surely has to have his hammer destroyed first and get captured?

More likely it's the start of the second act?

Caporegime
I disagree. Up to Avengers: Age of Ultron they did mainly get to a point where it often ended with lots of explosions in the sky.

I think that's changed a lot since phase 3. When you look at the conclusions of the films released since then they are getting a lot more varied.

Pretty much all films have a 3 act structure, you don't tend to mess about with that too much.

Caporegime
We always get the marvel films before the US. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing it's to make the press tour easier on the actors or something? Spread it around a bit.

Got my ticket booked. This is supposed to be an out and out comedy as opposed to an action film with gags.

Caporegime
A review I read gave me the impression that it's fairly self-contained, a bit like GOTG2.

Black Panther is the final movie before Infinity War Part 1. That might end up having more post credits stings that lead in to Infinity War.

Man of Honour
While i have no problems with Tessa Thompson, i hope they didnt change Valkyrie just for diversity's sake. She couldnt be more different imo.

Sadly thats exactly why they changed Valkyrie, it was done according to the director in order to be "more inclusive". So I expect to see Idris Elba playing Sherlock Holmes and Zac Efron as Black Panther...you know...just in the interests of being more inclusive and all that.

On a more positive note, for someone who is almost 50, Cate Blanchett is looking supremely hot in this :)

Back
Top Bottom