Those cassette adaptor things...

Soldato
...do they work very well, or does it sound totally crap?

I've got the standard Ford 5000 unit in the Mondeo, and i've got a trip to Scotland this weekend so i'm looking to use an MP3 player.

Theres loads on eBay for £2 - £3 each so hardly expensive, just wanted to know if anyones used one before, and if they are worth buying/using, or sticking to CD's!

Cheers,

Phil.

Soldato
Worth a shot - depends on the HU. Some of mine refused to accept it as a playable tape and would stop it automatically after a few seconds, or reverse it and then stop.

Worked just fine in some instances though, bit quiet or grainy but much, much more preferable than not at all! :)

Soldato
I got one from Tescos.. Its very good, I use it with my phone. No distortion at all, its just as if the phone is plugged into the stereo. If you find that at first it sounds a bit garbled try rewinding the tape.

Caporegime
I had the standard Ford stereo in my car and it accepted it fine, probably due to it's cheap mechanical nature :p i didn't find any grainyness at all, it was just a couple of notches quieter on the volume.

Associate
Also have a Belkin one, which works fine for me. I've also tried one of those short-range FM transmitters which was pretty dire, far worse quality-wise than the cassette.

Soldato
One of my mates has one for his Lexus IS200 Navigator as its CD player is busted...i think he paid a fiver for it and it's pretty decent for what it is...

;)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
They seem to work absolutely fine, i guess it depends on the quality of the tape deck in the car.

Soldato
I found the same when I used one many many years ago. Not seen a cassette player in a car for years.

most BMWs bar the current shapes have them as well as a 6 cd changer. Generally the ones without the changer got a single cd in the dash.

TWP_2195.jpg

My car has the harman kardon stereo upgrade and still has a tape deck! lol

Back
Top Bottom