1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I would share this corsair support exchange....

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by Mrjobby, 8 Aug 2019.

1. Mrjobby

Hitman

My issue is I have a Carbide 200R that has only one single removable stand off and I would like 3 more.

This come from the fact that oddly the case has fixed stand offs for the ATX positions but obviously the majority of the MATX ones need to be removable.

I have a build that is currently MATX and would like to continue using my 200R.

No problem you would think except the removable stand offs are mounted in a recess in the case so are fairly long at about 11.5mm. It also transpires that they are a odd thread size not M3 or M4. (I have since learnt they are 6-32 threaded).

So I started a ticket with corsair.

Wonderful!

So has anyone any idea where I can get a 6-32 threaded stand off that's about 11-12mm in height or .44"? I can barely find any online and none for a reasonable sum! Coming close to binning the case and finding a new home for my modest Ryzen build.

Thanks!

2. Kurgen

Mobster

no sorry i dont, but you had the worst customer service response i'd ever seen, didn't know what stand off was... and telling you to goto a shop and beg for spares.. may be you can get more luck out of the corsair rep on here @CorsairChris

3. Smok3y

Wise Guy

Theres some kits on Ebay with loads different sizes in. 145 piece standoff kits £5.99. Don't know if there will be anything in them. Also seen 10mm ones pack 10 for under 3 quid delivered.

Just type standoff kit ebay into google.

4. Mrjobby

Hitman

Sadly it is not that simple for 6-32 threaded stand offs!

Metric stuff yes tons about not the imperial stuff....especially on uk websites.

5. Smok3y

Wise Guy

6-32 standoffs 12.7mm farnell.com

Loads on there.

6. Gray2233

Mobster

Here was me thinking about contacting Corsair to see if they had a windowed side panel for a 200r, now I'm wondering if I should even bother.

7. Mrjobby

Hitman

Yes ends up costing around 7-8 for four stand offs with postage.

Which is a bit silly.

Maybe i can find something else on there to buy to get free postage.

8. d_brennen

Capodecina

9. Mrjobby

Hitman

That's about the closest im going to get.

£6.50 for four plastic stand offs ( that will need a bit of modding!) lol

Thank you all.

10. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

They will probably to tell you to find a local house window company and to take your window out of the front of the house and to take it to your nearest Asda to beg for a replacement.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2019
  11. LePhuronn

Soldato

Just use M3 standoffs instead. There is nothing in the ATX spec that specifies what size thread and length the standoff needs to be, just simply the holes in the motherboard are 3.8mm in diameter.