Thought I would share this corsair support exchange....

Associate
My issue is I have a Carbide 200R that has only one single removable stand off and I would like 3 more.

This come from the fact that oddly the case has fixed stand offs for the ATX positions but obviously the majority of the MATX ones need to be removable.

I have a build that is currently MATX and would like to continue using my 200R.

No problem you would think except the removable stand offs are mounted in a recess in the case so are fairly long at about 11.5mm. It also transpires that they are a odd thread size not M3 or M4. (I have since learnt they are 6-32 threaded).

So I started a ticket with corsair.

Hello

I own one of these cases and am having great difficulty finding replacement stand offs due to the non standard sizes.

Could you tell me where to source them? They are 12mm in height but neither standard m3 or m4 threaded stand offs fit it.

Many thanks

Hello MrJobby,

Good day and thank you for your message. Just to confirm, the stand off you mentioned would be the case feet? If so, I do apologize in advance since we do not have that as a spare for the 200R case however, we do have a case feet set available for the 270R (product code: CC-8900094) that would have the same thread size and would work on the 200R.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Regards

No a stand off is the spacer that keeps the motherboard off the case.

All computer cases use them but they vary in size.

Hello MrJobby,

Thank you for your message. Upon checking, I was able to confirm that we do not stock up on stand off as spares and what some of our customer does it that they take a sample from the existing ones on their case and bring that over to the shops near their location - and some of them do actually get themselves a couple of pairs to use.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Regards

Wonderful!

So has anyone any idea where I can get a 6-32 threaded stand off that's about 11-12mm in height or .44"? I can barely find any online and none for a reasonable sum! Coming close to binning the case and finding a new home for my modest Ryzen build.

Thanks!

Associate
Theres some kits on Ebay with loads different sizes in. 145 piece standoff kits £5.99. Don't know if there will be anything in them. Also seen 10mm ones pack 10 for under 3 quid delivered.

Just type standoff kit ebay into google.

Associate
OP
Sadly it is not that simple for 6-32 threaded stand offs!

Metric stuff yes tons about not the imperial stuff....especially on uk websites.

Soldato
Here was me thinking about contacting Corsair to see if they had a windowed side panel for a 200r, now I'm wondering if I should even bother.

Associate
OP
That's about the closest im going to get.

£6.50 for four plastic stand offs ( that will need a bit of modding!) lol

Thank you all.

Soldato
Just use M3 standoffs instead. There is nothing in the ATX spec that specifies what size thread and length the standoff needs to be, just simply the holes in the motherboard are 3.8mm in diameter.

Back
Top Bottom