Thoughts on this budget road bike...

Soldato
It's not a great bike, but it's not terrible.
It's far too small for you though, see if you can find something similar with a ~56cm frame (22inch) and preferably 700c wheels rather than 26", but the wheel size doesnt matter so much as long as you get the right size frame.

Soldato
Lightweight... 12.5kg for a fixie... Wut.

Yeah, it's not light, thats just a plain lie. It's a very heavy steel frame with fat tubes (looks more like an alu frame than a steel frame).
It's fairly solid though, i have one in 700c wheel size and it takes a fair bit of abuse. I'v put drop bars on mine and took it on 60-70 mile club runs with no issues.

Caporegime
It's not a great bike, but it's not terrible.
It's far too small for you though, see if you can find something similar with a ~56cm frame (22inch) and preferably 700c wheels rather than 26", but the wheel size doesnt matter so much as long as you get the right size frame.

I have a 21inch hybrid Im just under 6"3 with around a 35inch inside leg measured the way you do it for bikes with the book.

and I reckon I could probably ride a 20inch but my toes might catch the front wheel.

700c wheels rather than 26",
lol the advert says
Wheel Size: 26" double rim aluminium. 700c/23c
But my 700c wheels dwarf my stepsons 26inch mtb wheels...

surely he dsoesnt mean 26inch wheels with a 700c x 23c tyres? they wouldn't even fit?

Soldato
I reckon I could probably ride a 20inch but my toes might catch the front wheel.

I'm sure you could.

I'm sure you could probably ride a 14inch bike as well, that doesnt mean it's the right size for you though. ;)

It's not just the seat height that's the problem. the higher you put the seat, the larger the seat>bar drop will be. That can make it uncomfortable, especially if you're not used to road bike geometry anyway.

Caporegime
I meant I reckon I could ride one without being uncomortable :p

my 21inch almost seems to big at times although it probably looks to other people about the right size.

TBH I have no idea what I look like on the bike :O

anyway I just read
For a road frame size smaller than about 54cm or so, using smaller 650c or
26" wheels in preference to 700c means the framebuilder has to make less
compromises in fitting the frame and rider around the wheels.

Caporegime
I'm lost. Is it a good cheap buy or not? Also, I will probably sell it to my short arse of a mate when I don't need it in 6 months for £30 lol.

I'm sure it's fine if all you want is a cheap bike.

the people in this section tend to spend a lot of money on bikes so what's perfectly fine for you might not get the nod from us ;)
personally I would want 700c wheels

oh wait if it doesn't have gears I wouldn't bother even slight inclines can be a pain when your feeling worn down

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I have £150 to spend on a bike to last 6 months, only for roads, used daily to and from work and gym.

Will this hold up?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221143942779?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I imagine it will be cheaply made and not last long but yea...
The bike looks ok for the money, but with your height you'd be better with a 22-23" frame and 700c wheels. A 20" is going to be way too small for you and you'll be hunched up riding it. It's probably got the smaller 26" wheels to fit in the confines of the smaller frame. 20" is really a woman's size or for a shorter bloke and they stick the smaller wheels on them so they don't have to stretch the wheelbase out too long for the height of the frame.

Back
Top Bottom