**Thread for Help, Advise and to post Pictures of your Monsoon Modular Reservoir (MMRS)**

Associate
do the parts for these come in stock regularly?

planning on going for one with my white build... waiting on the case delivery so i can plan out a shroud first then see what measurements i've got left... but every time i look at the page to configure the monsoon order, most of the white bits are marked 'red' with 'ordered' marked on them.

is it worth placing an order and waiting, or waiting for everything to be in stock before ordering?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
I have stock coming in within the next couple of weeks so if you want white I would order now as it could be over a month before we see more stock coming in.

Associate
gotcha... as soon as the case arrives, i'll sort out measurements

i'm doing an inverted layout in the DB pro 900, so not sure what measurements i'm going to need for the actual reservoir yet

Associate
Hello guys, will someone be kind enough to give me the measurements of the lower part and the top cap of the reservoir?
I plan to put a d5 in a moonsoon mmrs but i don't know if i should use the 100mm tube or the 150mm one...

Associate
Hi Can you tell me how does the vertical mount work for this type of reservoir please do you just use the bottom mount as I am looing to put 2 300mm ones in my Tower 900 case and would like to know what it looks like stood up

Associate
Are there any more dimension drawings there as I have a complicated case design that I need to get my head around.
I found this from Mr Monsoon on his you tube demo.
http://geno.boxgods.com/MMRS-DIMS.jpg

What is not shown is the depth of the tube into an end cap, and the total length of a D5 mount with a motor on it and cover.
I have preliminary designed my reservoir but there are lots of parts that you do not stock, or no longer stock.

What also puzzles me is the fill port caps are not shown, yet you have lots of fill ports in stock. How do you expect to sell the fill ports if you don't have the caps to install them on.

If I made out a list of monsoon parts that you do not show would you be able to supply them on you next intake of Monsoon stock or are you phasing out Monsoon products.

Soldato
Are there any more dimension drawings there as I have a complicated case design that I need to get my head around.
I found this from Mr Monsoon on his you tube demo.
http://geno.boxgods.com/MMRS-DIMS.jpg

What is not shown is the depth of the tube into an end cap, and the total length of a D5 mount with a motor on it and cover.
I have preliminary designed my reservoir but there are lots of parts that you do not stock, or no longer stock.

What also puzzles me is the fill port caps are not shown, yet you have lots of fill ports in stock. How do you expect to sell the fill ports if you don't have the caps to install them on.

If I made out a list of monsoon parts that you do not show would you be able to supply them on you next intake of Monsoon stock or are you phasing out Monsoon products.
Best asking in the customer service area as most of this forum is frequented by more enthusiasts rather than OcUK staff :)

I have an MMRS at home so could help with some measurements later.

Associate
Best asking in the customer service area as most of this forum is frequented by more enthusiasts rather than OcUK staff :)

I have an MMRS at home so could help with some measurements later.

Hi LuckyBenski, thanks for your reply, I would greatly appreciate if you could measure the length of a tube when it is fitted that would give me the depth of the seat, so for example if a 100 mm tube left 90 mm exposed there would be a recess of 5 mm in an end cap, from that it is easy to work out total dimensions. Also the other dimension that I would like is the length of end cap with a D5 pump fitted and a standard cover. I know the cover extension adds 10 mm.

Many thanks

Whiskers

Soldato
Hi LuckyBenski, thanks for your reply, I would greatly appreciate if you could measure the length of a tube when it is fitted that would give me the depth of the seat, so for example if a 100 mm tube left 90 mm exposed there would be a recess of 5 mm in an end cap, from that it is easy to work out total dimensions. Also the other dimension that I would like is the length of end cap with a D5 pump fitted and a standard cover. I know the cover extension adds 10 mm.

Many thanks

Whiskers
Apologies, I've just had to dust-cover my entire studio for builders, so finding that reservoir might be a bit tricky. I found this on a review site:

The actual length of the tube is ~8mm longer than the listed length which is a nominal length, so the 150mm tube we are using measured in with a length of 158mm. As mentioned previously the length is measured from the visible acrylic tube seen when fully assembled. This means ~4mm at each end of the tube is unseen when inserted into the end caps or couplers.

(From https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/06/15/monsoon-mmrs-reservoird5-top-combo-review/)

This might be enough for you to work with - I'd suggest starting a thread in the watercooling subforum if you need more help.

Associate
Apologies, I've just had to dust-cover my entire studio for builders, so finding that reservoir might be a bit tricky. I found this on a review site:

The actual length of the tube is ~8mm longer than the listed length which is a nominal length, so the 150mm tube we are using measured in with a length of 158mm. As mentioned previously the length is measured from the visible acrylic tube seen when fully assembled. This means ~4mm at each end of the tube is unseen when inserted into the end caps or couplers.

(From https://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/06/15/monsoon-mmrs-reservoird5-top-combo-review/)

This might be enough for you to work with - I'd suggest starting a thread in the watercooling subforum if you need more help.

Many thanks LuckyBenski, that gives me all the information I need, pity I didn't find it when using google researching this project.

The only thing I now need to decide on is the tube, I was thinking the hard PTEG tube 14 mm OD, this is to be cooling a FX 9590 or I was toying with the idea of 12 mm copper, what would your size preferences be given that the FX9590 is a power hungry CPU.

Many thanks again

Whiskers

Associate
Hi,
I would be interested on MMRS reservoir-d5 pump combo. Is there any white top caps and d5 pump tops available?
Meaning two last items on message #15

Last edited:
Associate
I was searching whole yesterday those parts. I could not find anywhere in Europe, so I actually ordered these from Amazon (US). The rest of MMRS components I ordered here.

Associate
I was searching whole yesterday those parts. I could not find anywhere in Europe, so I actually ordered these from Amazon (US). The rest of MMRS components I ordered here.
Thanks for that, there are parts that I want that are not available from OCuk and I found them on Amazon US, looks like that will be the route for me to take. The postage from the Florida based PC Company is exorbitant to say the least.
I am still planing mine at the moment and making sure that things will fit before ordering.

Back
Top Bottom