Thrustmaster T500RS - With 2 Free Racing Games. Limited to the first 20 units sold!

Soldato
Hi we are now giving away two new retail boxed racing games with the T500 RS wheel from Thrustmaster.

• Need for Speed: The Run
  • Need for Speed: Unleashed 2

Thrustmaster T500 RS Simulator Racing Wheel for PS3 & PC (Licensed for Gran Turismo 5) - With 2 free games Need for Speed 2: Unleashed & Need for Speed: The Run @ £359.99 inc VAT

GC-028-TH_400.jpg

H.E.A.R.T. HALLEFFECT ACCURATE TECHNOLOGY™” is the name of the new technology developed by Thrustmaster to reproduce movements made on a product in games. It relies on magnetic – and not mechanical – 3D (HallEffect) sensors, placed in different locations according to the product in question. The precision made possible by the use of this technology is significantly higher than that provided by standard technologies. Another advantage of this system: by eliminating all friction, it guarantees zero mechanical wear, for permanent precision that won’t decrease over time. The level of precision is also enhanced by the absence of any dead zones: even the slightest movement made by the player results in a reaction. Actions in games are therefore more linear, smoother and without any untimely jolts.

- Authentic wheel: 30cm (12”) in diameter with brushed metal central spokes
- Authentic sequential gearshift levers: crafted of brushed metal, attached to the base (so they don’t move with the wheel)
- 17cm in height (for instant access along 1080°)
- Precision, Force Feedback & realistic angle of rotation
- New H.E.A.R.T Hall Effect AccuRate Technology™ on the wheel’s steering:
- Ultra-precise wheel, with 16-bit resolution (65536 values on the steering)!
- Precision that won’t decrease over time (contactless magnetic sensor)
- Force Feedback with industrial motor (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø 52mm/2”)
- Super-powerful, quick responding Force Feedback mechanism
- Rigid motorized stopper, no matter what angle of rotation you select
- Mechanism with large dual belts (fluid and smooth action)
- Angle of rotation adjustable up to 1080° (3 full turns)!
- Realistic pedal set
- Unique design with your choice of 2 positions:
- Floor-mounted position (F1-style)
- Suspended position (GT-style)
- 100% metal, for optimal stability, weight (more than 7 kgs) and resistance
- 3 100% adjustable pedals (spacing between the pedals/height)
- Brake pedal with reinforced and adjustable resistance (included and removable “Realistic Brake” mod)
- Included metal footrest with non-slip grating texture

NOW WITH 2 FREE GAMES!!!!!

Only £359.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Permabanned
Quite possibly the worst games to bundle this with!

Anyone spending this kind of money on a wheel should not be playing Need for Speed with it.
I hope that you posted that with irony intended...otherwise bloody hell.

OCUK should make new product threads stickied so morons don't come out of the woodwork.

Soldato
I hope that you posted that with irony intended...otherwise bloody hell.

OCUK should make new product threads stickied so morons don't come out of the woodwork.

I dunno, I think he has a point. Anyone buying this wheel is likely looking to use it in simulators no? I've not followed need for speed for a long time now, but judging on the previous games, they are probably awful and actually don't work too well with wheels. At least, need for speed underground 1&2 and most wanted were all pretty dire with a wheel. Having said that, I presume they have come on a long way since.

Too expensive

It's a shame that the price on decent wheels and joysticks is so inflated just because there isn't any competition in the market. Console controllers work far more effectively for most of the jobs they used to do now as well.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I dunno, I think he has a point. Anyone buying this wheel is likely looking to use it in simulators no? I've not followed need for speed for a long time now, but judging on the previous games, they are probably awful and actually don't work too well with wheels. At least, need for speed underground 1&2 and most wanted were all pretty dire with a wheel. Having said that, I presume they have come on a long way since.

Both those games are designed to be played with gamepads, even Shift 2 is rubbish with a wheel even though it was marketed towards the sim racer. Though there are mods available for Shift 2 to make it a lot better with a wheel.

But free is free and you can always sell them on or play them with a gamepad.

Permabanned
You deserved it, these threads are not the place to complain, you do that by emailing ocuk customer services.

These threads are advertisements for the shop, its not ok to mouth off in these threads.

Soldato
BuToNz is bang on.
This wheel is fantastic, but the games don't do it justice. It is nice that they're thrown in for free however.
I wouldn't complain about though, I just wouldn't play them :) Ok, Shift 2 with a 'real' mod might be decent...

Either way, the free games aren't a deal breaker. Those in the market for this wheel would buy it with or without.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite possibly the worst games to bundle this with!

Anyone spending this kind of money on a wheel should not be playing Need for Speed with it.

I'm inclined to agree!!

I'd use a 360 controller for Need for Speed, which has served me well in the past. I think using a set-up like the steering wheel, since it's not a simulator but arcade game, wouldn't work as well.

Soldato
You deserved it, these threads are not the place to complain, you do that by emailing ocuk customer services.

These threads are advertisements for the shop, its not ok to mouth off in these threads.

You've missed the point. No one is slating the equipment it's self bar a few claiming it's too expensive. Anyone who is even considering this product isn't likely bothered by the price as it is anyway.

The point is that if you're going to bundle a product like a steering wheel of this calibre with games you might as well pick ones that are at least reasonably playable with the product it's self.

At the end of the day, free is free, but it's just an odd pairing.

Associate
He was hardly complaining, more voicing his opinion that the games aren't the best choice to bundle with such a high end product. I'd rather have a proper simulator than need for speed, but wouldn't turn my nose up at 2 free games. Can always give them away/trade/sell them.

Associate
Eames you are rude and i don't think understood the criticism at all. This wheel is too good and expensive and a total waste for rubbish arcade racers, that was the point.

If you buy this wheel and are not playing rfactor, iracing, etc, you have just wasted a pretty penny just to have the latest gadget and don't really understand what the market for this wheel really is.

For the record, i own one.

Back
Top Bottom