Tidal wave of recruitment jobs??

Soldato
Why is it there are so many recruitment jobs going?? I'm looking for IT Support or web development / SEO jobs and I come across interesting looking job descriptions then click for a full view of the job and it's only a recruitment job!!

It seems there may possibly be more people in recruitment than people actually looking for jobs.

I also tend to find recruiters BS a lot to get people to go to interview, well it's happened to me a couple of times at least.

And it frustrates me seeing all these recruitment jobs, I'm not interesting in recruitment but they appear in every place they can jam them in :mad:

Permabanned
Recruiters...lol. We heard you like jobs so we got you a job looking for jobs so you can get people jobs while you do your job.

Waste of space.

Don
Are recruitment agencies that bad? I thought they're there to help you get a job...

What I find with them is that you have to chase them untill the get a sniff of the fact that they can make some money off you because a company wants to meet you then they can't call you enough.

I find that in IT they have no idea what to look for in a CV.

Stelly

Permabanned
Are recruitment agencies that bad? I thought they're there to help you get a job...

I always found they just called me incessantly telling me they had found jobs that might suit me, nothing ever came from them. Seemed to me like they just take a spray and pray approach - I'm guessing they're remunerated on whether or not a job is filled, so which individual fills it is irrelevant.

I've heard nothing but bad things about recruiters from my colleagues, but better things about headhunters who are specifically looking for your set of skills rather than "oh look, an x graduate, he can go into the pile for these jobs."

Soldato
Loads of people out there trying to get jobs and recruitment companies are the ultimate middlemen to capitalise on that, so I think thats why so many of them spring up, its all about the money.

Soldato
Ahh I see. So say they recruited you, would you get significantly less pay due to them taking a cut from your wages? So basically it's better to go directly to the employer if possible.

Soldato
It's all a big pyramid scheme.

Recruiters need commission so they recruit more recruiters who then recruit more recruiters whilst the money flows to the top.

The collapse will happen soon.

They're scum. There are some genuine ones who are really helpful, and do really want to help, unfortunately, 99% of them are total scumbags

Yup, I met a genuine helpful one when I was looking for a job after graduating, used to call me once a week to find out how I was getting on and to give me advice.

He worked for Robert Half IIRC.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ahh I see. So say they recruited you, would you get significantly less pay due to them taking a cut from your wages? So basically it's better to go directly to the employer if possible.

No, once you're in the job that's it the recruiters have nothing to do with it. They make money as the company looking for staff pays them if they find a suitable candidate.

Soldato
Wow, is this not monitored at all then or is there no standards?

There's 2 of these agencies around here and they looks really shady. It's literally just where a shop used to be but all they've done is put a desk and a couple of chairs in. Every time I walk past one there's no one in there but some guy that looks like he couldn't give a ****, remind me a lot of these 'Cash-4-Gold' things that take literally nothing to set up.

Permabanned
Wow, is this not monitored at all then or is there no standards?

There's 2 of these agencies around here and they looks really shady. It's literally just where a shop used to be but all they've done is put a desk and a couple of chairs in. Every time I walk past one there's no one in there but some guy that looks like he couldn't give a ****, remind me a lot of these 'Cash-4-Gold' things that take literally nothing to set up.

No need for them really, they won't bother you unless you somehow give them your details by listing yourself on somewhere like eFinancialCareers or another job listing site.

At worst you could consider it harassment of sorts, but they're easy enough to get rid of. If you say you've found a job they'll lose interest in you immediately as you're no longer a possible dollar sign.

Soldato
You've all had experience with poor recruiters, clearly.

As with any job, there are people that are good at it, and people that are crap.

Find a good one, and when you do... work with them rather than against them.

Back
Top Bottom