1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** TIME FOR A REVOLT WITH PHANTEKS **

Discussion in 'Power Supplies' started by ChugNorris, Oct 9, 2018.

1. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

Available for preorder today, we have the new Revolt Pro and Revolt X Power Supplies from Phanteks. These represent Phanteks first foray into the power supply market, and as you'd come to expect, both offer features not readily available elsewhere! Starting with the Revolt Pro, these units are capable of being combined with another power supply (any, not just Phanteks) in order to not only combine the power output, but improve the overall efficiency of the setup, and even provide a redundancy function should one of them fail. Available in 850W & 1000W flavours, they are Seasonic made with a 12 year warranty, achieve 80 Plus Gold certification and have a fully modular layout. Added to that is the fact they look very nice as far as power supplies go! Stock should be available in the next few weeks.

We also have the Revolt X in stock. The Revolt X are capable of powering a dual system, with connections for two motherboards included as standard. This is especially useful for the Evolv X if you're planning a dual system, or the Mini-XL Dual System, or in fact any case that accepts a dual motherboard configuration. Once again these are Seasonic made with a 12 year warranty, fully modular, and available in 1000W or 1200W variants with 80+ Platinum certification. We have very limited stock in now, with more due in 2 weeks.

Basically, if you're in the market for a new Power Supply, you could do much, much worse than these, especially considering the neat features that Phanteks have included.

Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Combo Supply @ £122.99 inc VAT

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Supports dual PSU configuration, 80 Plus gold accredited, Made from high quality components and materials

Only £122.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Combo Supply @ £142.99 inc VAT

Supports dual PSU configuration, 80 Plus gold accredited, Made from high quality components and materials.

Only £142.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt X 1000W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply @ £214.99 inc VAT

Single PSU for dual motherboard systems, control each motherboard independently, manufactured from premium materials, 80 Plus Platinum certified

Only £214.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Phanteks Revolt X 1200W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply @ £234.95 inc VAT

Single PSU for dual motherboard systems, control each motherboard independently, manufactured from premium materials, 80 Plus Platinum certified.

Only £234.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

2. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

The prices are much better than I thought they would be. Only £123 for a fully modular, gold rated, Seasonic built 850w psu with a 12 year warranty is a very aggressive price. Only £143 for the 1000w is a bargain as well. They are both cheaper than the equivalent Focus Plus gold models too. Just need some reviews now although I reckon these will be cracking units.

3. EsaT

Mobster

Phanteks likely wants to make a proper splash to get market share and agressive pricing of high quality PSUs is good way for that.

And we certainly have enough of just OK good PSUs with highish pricing or total mediocrities sold with marketing.
    So more of proper competition and pushing of quality/per price forward is welcome.
    Everyone wins in that.
    (competing makers and branders of too high priced for quality stuff don't matter)
    Buyer gets better products.
    And shop can buy&sell quality products in bigger volumes, which should help to keep price at selling level.

Can imagine for example Seasonic Focus Plus Golds having some major sales volumes.
    Did I guess right, @ChugNorris?

4. ChugNorris

OcUK Staff

Indeed. They are one of our key PSU partners now.

5. mikeo

Wise Guy

Looks nice.

Possibly a daft question... but why does every PSU manufacturer now seem to supply PCIe leads with 2 sets of connectors daisy chained at the end? Looks daft in a case with a glass side panel!

6. Hotwired

Soldato

Isn't their job to ensure you can connect up and power whatever you want?

Sata comes in a big string of them just in case the customer has a stack of drives. PCIe comes with the maximum number of connectors a card is expected to have.

Customising cabling to look pretty is another market.

7. mikeo

Wise Guy

Hotwired.

Fair comments. Says the man with several SSD's in his main PC.

Daft question number 2... Thinking on my comment about the daisy chained connections of the PCIe leads (new idea since I last bought a power supply some 8 years ago by the look of it). Are these aimed at graphics cards with two power connectors on them? Only reason that I ask, is that I've always been lead to believe that it was best to use two different power leads for a graphics card.

As this new PSU appears to come with a 12 year warranty, I'll be interested to see a decent review / strip down. Wonder if they are more related to the PRIME, rather than FOCUS range of PSU's (as they appear to be made by Seasonic)?

8. pastymuncher

Man of Honour

With regards to daisy chaining 2x pci-e plugs to one lead, one reason is that your average 650/750w psu has 4x pci-e plugs (although some do have more) usually split between two leads. This means that the psu can power a pair of cards that need 2x pci-e connectors and as they will be powering the same card it's not really any messier than using a pair of leads. The wires used in the cables should be of a suitable gauge to be able to take the power draw (Jonnyguru has been marking down psu's such as the EVGA G3 for only using 18AWG wires in their pci-e cables) so they are designed to be able to power cards this way. Personally I use a cable extension onto the end of one of my pci-e leads as it looks far neater when using a card that only requires a single pci-e lead.

As for Sata, that's the one thing I really hate about my BeQuiet Straightpower 11. They took the ridiculous decision to mix sata and molex cables on a pair of leads. One lead has a pair of molex and a pair of sata plugs and the other has 3x sata and a single molex. It's just ridiculous and they should have kept the different plugs on seperate leads. Whats the point in a fully modular psu that you have to use all of the leads anyway?

Like Hotwired said, there is a big market in custom cables and extension cables to make psu leads look nice. I use cable extensions (Phanteks at the moment but have used Bitfenix as well) to co-ordinate the cables with my colour scheme.