Time for an Upgrade - Advice Please

Associate
I have had my rig now as it stands for about 2 years with the processor and motherboard for about 5 and i'm starting to get that upgrade itch. I have an i7 4770K with a Gigabye OC motherboard (cant remember the exact model) but I was thinking about giving AMD a go an looking to get the Ryzen 2700X. Please can I get some thoughts around this and if there is something you guys n girls feel would give me more of a bang for my buck then please do say.

For info graphics card is 2080 which I'm sure isnt going to need upgrading for a while.

Particular note: - I'm also looking to go complete all out on synchronised Razer Chroma build so ideally I want to accompany this with new fans and coolers that would be compatible. If you have done something similar please provide info and some pics if you wouldnt mind!

Thanks in advance,

Powda

Associate
OP
Thanks for your feedback. The one thing I do want to address which I didn't put in my original post, what that I want to get some M.2 SSD's as I believe that this is one of my bottlenecks and my current motherboard doesnt support them as its to old.

Soldato
I want to get some M.2 SSD's as I believe that this is one of my bottlenecks and my current motherboard doesnt support them as its to old.
Is this just for gaming? If so you're not missing out - you won't notice any real life gains when compared to a decent SSD for everyday usage.

Back
Top Bottom