Time for an upgrade or several

Associate
I'ts that time, you beautiful people. I need to upgrade my pc so it can handle the new influx of games. Atm it'll be used for fortnite but eventually BF5 etc. Hit with your suggestions :)

Current bits in the siggy.

EDIT: figured id throw this in, my GFX card died so that'll definitely need changing, and i kind of want to get a modular PSU eliminate the messy cables in there now. If we can get it to run sexy 4k, that'd would be aces but is by no means mandatory

Soldato
I'ts that time, you beautiful people. I need to upgrade my pc so it can handle the new influx of games. Atm it'll be used for fortnite but eventually BF5 etc. Hit with your suggestions :)

Current bits in the siggy.

EDIT: figured id throw this in, my GFX card died so that'll definitely need changing, and i kind of want to get a modular PSU eliminate the messy cables in there now. If we can get it to run sexy 4k, that'd would be aces but is by no means mandatory

What's your screen res and Hz?

Also what's your budget ?

Hard to recommend new intel core till next one comes out . Is a cracking Ryzen 2700x bundle but have to consider second hand i7 ?

GPU would be main and first upgrade

Associate
OP
What's your screen res and Hz?

Also what's your budget ?

Hard to recommend new intel core till next one comes out . Is a cracking Ryzen 2700x bundle but have to consider second hand i7 ?

GPU would be main and first upgrade

I have an LG 27UD69P-W 27" that i originally bought for my X1X. I believe its a 3840x2160 @60hz. Don't really have a budget in mind tbh.

Soldato
I have an LG 27UD69P-W 27" that i originally bought for my X1X. I believe its a 3840x2160 @60hz. Don't really have a budget in mind tbh.

Will drive .4k monitor but not at a solid 60fps to reach screens max 60hz refresh. Even more powerful gtx 1080ti struggles in some games, but that why monitor had Freesync, and frame drops should be smoothed out.
Included tier 1 PSU with enough juice

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £611.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Nice bundle here
Total: £690.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

But would honestly try the GPU upgrade first, then see with incoming 9700k/9900k how prices are etc​

Associate
OP
Will drive .4k monitor but not at a solid 60fps to reach screens max 60hz refresh. Even more powerful gtx 1080ti struggles in some games, but that why monitor had Freesync, and frame drops should be smoothed out.
Included tier 1 PSU with enough juice

Total: £611.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Nice bundle here
Total: £690.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

But would honestly try the GPU upgrade first, then see with incoming 9700k/9900k how prices are etc​

Thanks a lot fella. really appreciate it. While im at it, i got to change out my RAM, pretty sure one of them is faulty. Get a random BSOD every now and again.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom