Time to boast about my new toy

Man of Honour
Well it's not mine really but I've been put in charge of it.
I've had a bit of training and today I was giving demonstrations to the big brass at the hospital, doctors, Royal College of Nurses, 2 school classes and various teachers.
These pictures really don't do it justice but everybody went away very impressed and wanted a piece of it eg both schools want to pay to take it into their schools to help with the curriculum and that will have a knock on effect.
I will be having training soon to use the 3D cameras and how to convert etc.
We bought it from here - www.amazing-int.com

3d1.jpg

3d2.jpg

3d3.jpg

3d4.jpg

3d5.jpg

3d6.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
It's for the Careers & Skills Academy where health professionals and students do their training.
Forgot to mention that it's also interactive so you could remove the heart and then fly around it using the wireless mouse that acts like a Wii controller.

Soldato
How much did that lot cost?

Probably 5 times as much as it cost to make :p

Essentially what's on show is 1 crap PC in a custom case, 2 standard projectors with filters and some fancy cases. It's also got a wireless keyboard and gyro mouse.

Probably able to put it together for..

2x Projectors (£1200)
1x crappy PC (£350)
1x Gyromouse + keyboard (£90)
Fancy cases (£400)

So around £2k + software.

So probably around £8000 - £10,000 to the NHS :p Just a guess obviously!

God knows what the cameras cost..

Soldato
Yup that software will cost a fortune but if the schools pick up on this like they did with interactive whiteboards, the cost will plummet :)

J.B

J.B

Soldato
We were talking about these in a lecture the other day. They look very cool, can see the benefits to the medical training, infact any kind of training where you have to use your hands.

Relatively simple technology used in a clever way.

Permabanned
We have just had a brand new Alfo Romeo delivered as a company car, can I boast about that?

It's not actually mine but I will be in charge of it for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom