Time to buy a new Chair

Soldato
Picked up a fully loaded Herman Miller Mirra 2 for £400 on eBay last month (after recommendations on here). Made a cheeky offer from £475 and they accepted a couple of days later - win! Never sat in one before but it's one comfy chair and the build quality is top drawer. It was top of my budget but I'm glad I stretched myself

Associate
Herman Miller Aeron/Embody (or other HM chair). They last near forever, most you will find from ebay will be 10y old and look brand new.

You can go to John Lewis if you wanna test the Aeron.

Other than that heard great things about the Steelcase Leap.

Soldato
Herman Miller Aeron/Embody (or other HM chair). They last near forever, most you will find from ebay will be 10y old and look brand new.

I picked up a HM Celle from Ebay for £50 about 4 years ago - seat fabric was a little bit tatty and missing a screw from the backrest, but otherwise in good condition. Got a replacement screw for a couple of £ and it's been rock solid since. Even though it's one of their cheaper options, and mostly made from hard plastic, it's significantly more comfortable than my cheap(ish) "gaming" chair from the well known high street catalogue shop, and no more back ache :)

Associate
does such a thing exist these days as a normal office style chair that actually has a tall back and supports you if you're tall and doesn't give you a dead arse half hour later?
I'm 99.9% to just buying a recaro and making my own as I've had many in cars and know how comfy and supportive a reclining bucket seat is on a long drive despite being tall...
I'm sick of all these tacky shockingly cheaply made bum hurters wannabe bucket seat 'gamer chairs' I see that are madly overpriced.
I refuse to pay HM prices for a desk chair I think it's mental how excuse a chair is now? am I the only one haha

Associate
OP
Well worth spending money and getting a Decent chair which you would use for hours every day. It'll take care of your back! once your backs in pain or spine starts to hurt over all the time you spent working or gaming at your desk. you'll wish you had spent that extra for a Decent chair. From all the comments I'm more in the mind set going for a HM aeron or something else that provides good Posture support rather than styling like the Noble or Secretlabs chairs now.

Associate
HM retail costs are quite high, but 2nd hand ones are 'fairly' cheap. Think it was about 300-400 for an aeron last time I looked.

If you work at home, 220 days per year at 8h per day, thats 1760h in the chair per year, may as well spend a little to get the best chair for your body (HM or otherwise).

Associate
Had a Noblechairs hero for about 2 years now but it was just too hard/firm for me. Tried and tried to love it but ordered a Marley chair on Sat and it arrived today. Very pleased with it and for me way way more comfortable than the noble hero. It doesnt have the 4D arms but in all honesty I never moved them on the hero so unlikely I will miss that feature. This chair goes up and down and reclines, pretty much all I need. Not pulling down Noble chairs particularly, well built and super quality.. just not for me in terms of comfort. only thing i don't like about the new chair is the colour but it was the only choice.

[url=https://ibb.co/FVSRgsg][/URL]

Soldato
just an update on my secret lab titan evo 2022, I can't fault it really so far. I've experienced non of the issues that people mention.

My friend sat in it for a bit and said it was too firm, but it's still pretty much new and will break in over time. It's fine for me though, very comforable, firm but comfortable. I wouldn't want it too soft to start as it will break in over time.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm glad you're pleased with it and are enjoying it :)
But my update on my Evo 2022 is that I've had enough and have spunked half of my 4080/90 budget on a brand new Aeron.
Will I regret it?, I very much doubt it.

Soldato
nah totally dont own one, just talking out of my ass.
1LrL4PF.jpeg
Pe3ZYRn.jpeg

How dare we criticise a company that only gives you the bare minimum warranty unless you give them a nice review on social media.
Fails to do anything when you do actually have a problem with their poorly built product, and then just carries on buying out influencers in order to keep up the pretence that their chairs are actually worth more than a few quid.
I am a mug for falling for it and im happy to admit that, as for this chair, its going on the scrap heap next week.

Absolutely no requirement to leave a positive review to get the extended warranty, you simply have to post a picture on social media.

Very happy with mine.

Back
Top Bottom