• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Time to upgrade from the Pentium G4560

Associate
OP
Yeah, i get that you do pay more for ITX.

so originally i had a full size PC With a phanteks evolv case. it was HUGE, and there was nothing in it really. about a year later i swapped the motherboard out for an ITX, sold the case and got an ITX case that would fit the full size GPU, full size PSU and the cooler. It fits in the TV rack (just) and is much easier to move about. If i did it again, i'd go even smaller, but i dont want to change graphics card at the moment, so i'm trying to make it work with what i have. By the time ive bought another case etc, i may aswell had just bought the ITX board.

That does make a lot of sense. Ive checked and the cooler should with with the new socket, so thats handy.

10100F system does make a lot more sense than buying a 6700K/7700K as they are selling for a suprisingly high amount. Even with a 10400F system i'd probably be better off once ive sold the old bits on.

Man of Honour
Oops, didn't notice you already had an ITX system. The ASRock Quartz linked earlier seems to be the cheapest at around £100, though there's an MSI one for a similar price.

It's a shame the 6700/7700 are so expensive, but at least (if you buy the 10100F) you'll have a lot of upgrade potential.

Associate
OP
Thats cool. Thanks.

Could you recomend an itx board for a 3600 too? Im weighing up my amd options. Overclocking is not necessary B450? B550?

Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom