Timing Belt change on Clio 2 ???

Soldato
just wondering when the timing belt needs to be changed on the clio 2.

its currently 7 year old with 54k on the clock and iirc its never been done.

any info would be helpful. dont want a dead engine...

StevenG

Soldato
As mentioned in the other thread it's best to contact your dealer with all the relevant information (you haven't even mentioned which engine!). At 7 years I would suspect it's probably overdue.

Associate
Do it asap and it'll cost around £100-150 on a standard clio. Its recommended you change the water pump at the same time

As cremeegg said get it done asap. Id get the cambelt, tensioners and waterpump changed. I shopped around and got mine done for around £200 all in.

Should have been changed 2 years ago, leave it much longer and you run the risk of engine death.

Soldato
It is several hours labour though - it's not a quick job. I'd also (quickly) think about getting the water pump done as when changing the cam belt they remove everything in the way to get to it so the water pump can quickly be whipped out and put back in within minutes rather than paying for a cam belt change then a few months down the line having to pay labour and such.

Ask the garage for advice I guess.

M.

Soldato
getting this done tomorrow. been quoted £110-135 for the belt + labour (half price) as its being done through the garage i bought the car from.

is this a good price?

StevenG

So that is just the cost of the belt, and labour is going to be added on top? If so then I suggest you get a firm quote including labour.

Soldato
OP
So that is just the cost of the belt, and labour is going to be added on top? If so then I suggest you get a firm quote including labour.

110-135 includes labour depending on which engine i have.

i've asked the waterpump be replaced at the same time as most people ive asked told me to do this too.

might aswell get it done it will only increase the re-sale value of the car that its been done.

thanks for all the info & comments

StevenG

Back
Top Bottom