"Titan Apollo" 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad 2.00GHz+ Gaming Laptop Pre Order

Soldato
"Titan Apollo" 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad 2.00GHz+ Gaming Laptop

LT-004-OE_400.jpg

Windows 7 Upgrade Voucher included with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business & Ultimate install options.

Featuring the latest in Nvidia graphics technology and the Intel Core 2 Quad Mobile processors the Apollo will bring life to your games. The 15.4" 1680x1050 TFT screen has ample space for making use of the 4GB of 1066MHz DDR3 memory which makes multitasking a breeze. The stylish casing is made to impress while the built in speakers will bring games and movies to life.

Key Features

:- Huge 15.4" screen with optimal gaming resolution of 1680x1050.
:- Amazing graphics performance thanks to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M 1024MB bringing games to life.
:- Only the highest quality components ensuring the highest levels of reliability.
:- Amazing boot and application load times thanks to the option of SSD hard drives.
:- Windows 7 Upgrade Voucher included with Windows Vista Home Premium, Business & Ultimate install options.

Key Components

:- Memory: 4GB DDR3 1066MHz Triple Channel RAM
:- Screen: 15.4" 1680x1050 TFT Screen
:- Wireless LAN: 802.11a, 802.11b & 802.11g
:- Ethernet LAN: 10/100/1000
:- Sound Controller: High Definition Audio
:- Speakers: Stereo
:- Expansion: 54mm ExpressCard Slot
:- Camera: Built In
:- Connections: 4x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x eSATA, 1x DVI, 1x RJ-45, 1x Microphone & 1x Speakers/Headphones
:- Fingerprint Scanner
:- Battery: 8-Cell Lithium ION
:- Dimensions: 439mm x 299mm x 44mm
:- Weight: Approx. 5.6kg
:- Warranty: 2 Years (Battery: 6 Months)

Note - Specification not exactly what you are after? Drop our friendly Sales Team a call on 0870 443 0880, they will be more than happy to help you make your perfect Laptop.

Note - All Laptops are built and installed on demand and usually ship within 48 hours of the order being placed. During exceptionally busy periods this time can increase by 48 hours.

Note - For details on how to order Windows 7, please consult the offer materials that come with your purchase. The Windows 7 Upgrade Option programme runs from June 26th 2009 through January 31st 2010. Product shipment times will vary by offer and location, but the earliest you could expect to receive Windows 7 would be after October 22nd, when it becomes generally available. The Windows 7 Upgrade Option Programme requires a clean installation of the Windows 7 upgrade media. All personal data and settings, including documents, pictures, files, programs, music and video, should be backed-up prior to performing the clean installation of Windows 7. After installation of Windows 7, the end user should then re-install all personal data and settings. Visit http://windows.microsoft.com/upgrade-windows-E for important information.

From £997.00 inc VAT

Pre Order Now

Soldato
if that price refers to all the above features advertised included (inc the GTX260) then thats quite impressive.....very good indeed... :) (i trawl lots of sites looking for the best bang for buck laptop)

edit: ahh add on extra £100 ish for the OS brings it down to reality a little. Still good price for EU/UK market. (much more options available in the US laptop market)

edit 2: 2 yr warranty though usually only get 1 so thats good. The windows 7 upgrade voucher how much discount is applied? I mean do you get win 7 for free? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds good to me, I will probably be in the market for a new gaming laptop around Christmas, and based on what's available now, this would be the front runner.

Associate
I'm quite interested in this laptop. The spec looks pretty promising.

Could you please post some more information about hardware spec? I would like to run a Linux on this laptop and would like to know details like:

1) chipset
2) what's the wlan card (b/g and not n?)
3) what's the ethernet chip
4) manufacturer of audio chip

Also is there any way to swap wireless card or even buy without it (I'm assuming it's standard mini-pci card).

Is it possible to buy it with different SSD drive (like OCZ) or completely without it?

Does it have any bluetooth/webcam (not really important).

PS
You sure it's 4GB Triple Channel RAM?

Associate
Hi Queen13,

Chipset: Mobile PM45 Chipset (ICH9-M)
WLAN Card: Intel(R) WiFiLink 5300 AGN. This has Wireless-N available, not sure why OcUK hasn't included it tbh. And yes, it can be removed/replaced, but check with OcUK first.
Ethernet: Realtek RT8168C(P)/8111C(P).
Audio: Realtek ALC662 High Definition Audio.

Bluetooth: Yes, not sure what chip (just says CSR Bluetooth Radio in device manager).
Webcam: Pretty standard 2.0MP camera built into the front bezel.

These are the devices in my unit (Clevo M860TU), and as this is mainly a revision of the motherboard to allow for Quad Core processors, there isn't many differences.

As for the triple channel, it only has 2 RAM slots, so I don't think it can take advantage of the triple channel benifits of DDR3.

I've ran various flavours of Linux on mine (Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora etc), and all worked well, devices all recongised).

Hope this helps.

Soldato
Would be very interested if you could get a Mobility 4850 into this machine, judging by the fact you're sticking a GTX 260M (I believe both are MXM?), and I believe the GTX260 is meant to run hotter and use more power.

High powered dual processor, 4GB ram and a 4850m with a decent battery would be an excellent compromise between portability and power, not to mention would help keep some costs down on the chassis.

Any chance this would be possible?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I sent a webnote recently about them and they had no idea when they would be in stock :( which sucks... spec looks exactly what I'm looking for - I'm all ready to pull the trigger but I'm not waiting long for them to become available.

Back
Top Bottom