"Titan Apollo" 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad 2.00GHz+ Gaming Laptop Pre Order

Associate
Seems like theres a W870CU around already with a 280M
clevo_w870cu_01.jpg

Associate
Hey, didnt want to make a new thread, so ill continue on here.

Im thinking of buying the apollo, but looking at the W870CU, it may warrant the wait. Any estimated release date and estimated price for it?

Cheers!

Associate
Around end of Oct. :o
I think it going to be worth the wait, the two independent heat pipes, are a massive boost, better cooling, easier to upgrade, and more upgrade options!

1c.jpg

(pic is a W860CU)

And as for the price... $2000+ for basic model)

Associate
Looks awesome.

specifications W860CU said:
Display 15,6” Widescreen HD+ (1600x900)
Processor Mobile Intel i7 processors (Quadcore).
Intel Core i7-720QM, i7-820QM and i7-920XM (Extreme), up to
3,06 Ghz
Chipset Intel® PM55
Security Overheat protection, System / BIOS Password, Fingerprint
scanner, Kensington Lock (optional)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1GB Video memory, HDCP support
Memory SO-DIMM DDR3 / 1333 MHz
Disk Storage 9.5mm SATA-Hard Disc Drive(s) or ultrafast Solid State Disks.
Supports SATA 300 (7200rpm).
Optical Drive 1 Optical Drive Bay. Interchangeable with DVD/CD drive (reading
and writing) or BluRay (reading and writing).
Sound Azalia High Definition Audio Interface, 3D Stereo enhanced Sound
System, Sound Blaster PROÔ compatible, 2 built-in highend
speakers
Communication Gigabit Fast Ethernet LAN onboard
Intel WLAN 5100 + 5300
optional internal Bluetooth V2.1
optional internal Webcam 2 Megapixel
optional internal MiniCard UMTS / HSPA 3.75G with USB interface
Keyboard Full Size Win-Keyboard incl. Hot Keys, Touchpad
Express Card 1x Express Card 54 (34) Slot
Ports 1x HDMI
1x eSATA
1x RJ-11
1x RJ-45 (Gigabit-LAN)
1x Mic-in
1x Headphone port
4x USB 2.0
1x IEEE 1394a Firewire
1x VGA Port
1x TV Input
1x 7-in-1 Memory Card Reader (MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MMC, SD,
RSMMC, Mini SD)
Power System Lithium-Ion-Battery (3800mAh)
Delivery incl. 120W-power supply, cables, battery, Driver DVD
Physical character 374 * 263,5 * 42mm; approx. 3,3 kg with ODD and battery
The base model with i7-720QM will be about the same as a M860 with Q9000.

Man of Honour
Can't fault the cooling on mine... CPU doesn't even hit 40C when priming and aside from the HDD area it doesn't really get even warm to the touch looping benchmarks.

Associate
Can't fault the cooling on mine... CPU doesn't even hit 40C when priming and aside from the HDD area it doesn't really get even warm to the touch looping benchmarks.

Have you tried running games like Crysis and L4D? If it doesn't get too hot, have you considered overclocking the cpu/gpu?

Man of Honour
I'd have to use software to overclock the CPU as theres no support for it in the BIOS afaik...

OCing the GPU could give good results but I will have to keep an eye on temps.

Soldato
Could anyone that has one of these laptops let me know how well the DVD drive fits into the hole. Mine seems to sit a few mm's away from where it 'looks' like it should sit (if viewed from the underside).

Man of Honour
Same on mine - its slight offset from the line of the case... doesn't bother me too much as its easier to open but its not ideal.

Soldato
I didnt get mine from OcUK, although i wish i had.

Ive had no end of problems and ive had it less than 24hours!

Im guessing my rights as a consumer are that if something isnt to the high standards it should be (and they used reclaimed parts when i paid for new) I can get a complete refund or a completely new build.

Soldato
Notebook parts are always cut down, I think they called it that just to show next best things. To be fair the GTX260/280m arent bad parts, being 9800 class in a smaller, less power hungry package, but they dont deserve the name, but unfortunately for the consumer Nvidia already did 9800m

Man of Honour
I didnt get mine from OcUK, although i wish i had.

Ive had no end of problems and ive had it less than 24hours!

Im guessing my rights as a consumer are that if something isnt to the high standards it should be (and they used reclaimed parts when i paid for new) I can get a complete refund or a completely new build.

What problems have you had?

Aside from the crap webcam and that could be a win 7/64bit issue, everything else has been flawless for me.

Soldato
Heh, dont get me started. Problems with lack of care and proper quality control and the hasstle i had to go through to actually get it.
But hopefully its going to get sorted. i.e. refund or brand new build - not made from reclaimed parts this time!

Does anyone know if the 280 can be fitted into this chassie?

Man of Honour
Gaming wise I'd reccomend getting as fast a dual or quad as you can afford - need as close as you can get to 3gig (without spending silly money over the odds) to get the most out of the GPU on it. I'd be hard pressed to reccomend the Q9000 even tho it prolly has more future proof as at 2gig it really doesn't do the GPU justice in most games which currently don't make use of more than 1-2 threads.

I got mine with the P9600 2.8gig in the end after originally going for the Q9000 for this reason.

Its a great little gaming machine if you take the portability into account - it will eat games like COD4 and prolly MW2 as well for breakfast...

Only other comment I would make is - if you possible can afford it I highly reccomend an SSD unless your happy with a 5400RPM hdd - I have a high spec 7200RPM in mine and that part of the laptop gets pretty warm - whereas the CPU and GPU areas and the cooling area for them barely even gets warm to the touch after prolonged benchmarking. IIRC the CPU on mine idles at 26-28C and tops out at 35-36C priming.

Don
I'd personally like to choose this laptop over others I've come across, mainly the Dell XPS16.

I'm not sure i have an option to change the HDD to a SSD on the ocuk shop. I will have another look though.

Sorry you can add a SSD but the size of the drive wouldn't be sufficient enough, no options to add a secondary drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom