Titan fall 2 , suitable for a 10 year old ?

Permabanned
Hell at 13 kids at my school were all smoking, drinking and having sex. A girl in my class left because she was pregnant around then too and she wasn't the only one.

LMAO. Isn't Psycho Sonny from Scotland? What Scottish 13 year olds are doing probably isn't the best basis on which to judge what is and what isn't acceptable or normal for children. Just saying :D

Soldato
Personally I think playing a FPS online with "adults" and observing their(generally bad) behaviour is far worse than running around in a big robot killing baddies that don't actually exist. But it's your kid. I guess I was 10ish when I watched Conan the Barbarian and a few other 18 movies, the stuff like sex went straight over my head and the worse thing that came out of it was learning to wield a sword when I was young via a broken fishing rod :)

Soldato
It's nothing they won't have seen in a film. Titanfall 2 is pretty much just a sci fi shooter.

There's no blood or guts (apart from a cutscene or two)

Caporegime
LMAO. Isn't Psycho Sonny from Scotland? What Scottish 13 year olds are doing probably isn't the best basis on which to judge what is and what isn't acceptable or normal for children. Just saying :D

oh like it doesn't happen in England too. in fact i bet morw 13 year olds get pregnant in England than do in Scotland

Associate
Oh here we go. If one thinks not letting a kid play a game like Titanfall is overprotective... think again. Overprotective is not letting a kid play online multiplayer at all, heck it's more like not even letting the kid play games. Heck, I know somebody who doesn't even have a TV in the house (on purpose) because they think it will have a negative impact on their kids. Now that is something one might consider as overprotective. When I was a kid, my parents were fairly overprotective, until I complained that they were letting my younger brother do things when I never was allowed to at his age. Trust me, this ain't close to overprotective.

-REMOVED-
TLDR some of the things that are suggested that kids do are ridiculous. The reality is that most kids don't do those sorts of things, it's the small minority who grow up in broken families, having a tough time growing up, etc.

On a more serious note, whether or not a game is suitable for a kid, is wholly dependant on the kid themself. If the parent feels their kid is sensible enough to handle that type of stuff, so be it. Some kids gain understanding and maturity, quicker than others (and some folks never seem to lol). I remember my uncle traded back Zelda (rated 12) back in the day cos he felt it was unsuitable for his son (younger than 12 back then). Thinking about it, I think the real reason was that the game itself was too difficult with the puzzles and things. Many many years later I was surprised to hear he bought his son GTA5 (rated 18) on the Xbox for his 13th birthday. Again, it soon made sense since the kid was sensible enough to treat it like the game it is. Younger children struggle with that. Whether you like it or not, ratings exist for a reason. While in reality they aren't 100% applicable, they help some folks decide.

IMO, I'd give a thumbs up to the Overwatch idea. A game like that will really teach the kid to 'git gud' and when they eventually play games like CoD or Titanfall when they're older, those games will be cake by comparison. I'd suggest Battlefield or Planetside 2 over games like CoD or Titanfall any day though. The more difficult, the better, since kids learn things much easier than adults do. Though I'd also think that Titanfall really isn't too bad either, but then again I don't really play those sorts of games. I'm surprised that Titanfall 2 is in this position where it's not kid-friendly, I thought it was.

Back
Top Bottom