• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
lol it is pretty hilarious. "Linus" runs a single benchmark which is probably CPU limited on his stock clocked 5960X and declares the V isn't any faster than an Xp. Who takes these Youtube clowns seriously?

Did you miss the few times he's stated that's not the review of the card and someone else is doing it?

Soldato
Good news for anyone wondering about miners stealing them (lol), there's no need to worry :)

According to mining benchmarks it's 25% faster than a Vega card, but as it costs over £2000 more it would theoretically take 4 years to pay for the difference in purchase price (I say theoretically as it would never happen due to profits decreasing over time).

Soldato
The card, Nvidia, The price. Absolutely everything about it is pathetic.

I think one has to understand why the card was launched and it’s clearly a compute card that can also double for a bit of ‘light’ gaming.

Compute cards can be hideous price wise but this may offer fantastic value in terms of compute performance per pound.

The only reason people have jumped on this is the ‘light gaming’ element is far better than the best nvidia have had to date which in turn is miles better than the competition. That doesn’t mean it’s a good card for gaming any more than a Faberge egg is a good ashtray.

Man of Honour

Uses 22 watts less than the Vega 64 while performing over 45% faster (Firestrike) and similar story in most other benchmarks.

Associate
@Vega

Is it ok if I use this pic in the owners thread for TROH

Thanks.

Yes. Kaap, did you get one? We need someone to take it apart and find a way to power mod it. I'm not experimenting on $3K GPU. :D

Did you miss the few times he's stated that's not the review of the card and someone else is doing it?

Yet in the video he declares the Titan V "that is not better" after one benchmark run. :rolleyes:

Associate
Hasn't HBM3 specs just been revealed by Rambus? That's gonna be a while away then!!!

I believe Samsung have said they plan to have it available by the end of 2019. And it basically doubles everything.

Max configuration is 64GB 4-stacks at 2.05 TB/s bandwidth (4096-bit 4000 MHz effective clockrate)

It'll also be interesting to see how cost stacks up in the mid-high end. If you want 1 TB/s in 2019/2020 your choice will be 16,000 MHz GDDR6 on a 512-bit bus, or 2-stacks of HBM3 at 2000 MHz (4000 effective).

Traditionally we very rarely see 512-bit GDDR, so I wonder if HBM3 will have GDDR6 beat on anything above 768 GB/s (which is doable on a 384-bit bus with 16,000 MHz GDDR6)

Man of Honour
I believe Samsung have said they plan to have it available by the end of 2019. And it basically doubles everything.

Max configuration is 64GB 4-stacks at 2.05 TB/s bandwidth (4096-bit 4000 MHz effective clockrate)

It'll also be interesting to see how cost stacks up in the mid-high end. If you want 1 TB/s in 2019/2020 your choice will be 16,000 MHz GDDR6 on a 512-bit bus, or 2-stacks of HBM3 at 2000 MHz (4000 effective).

Traditionally we very rarely see 512-bit GDDR, so I wonder if HBM3 will have GDDR6 beat on anything above 768 GB/s (which is doable on a 384-bit bus with 16,000 MHz GDDR6)

I'm tempted to make a tongue in cheek comment about how we'll still be on Pascal, AMD nowhere to be seen and anything above 500GB/s wasted in 2019 heh.

Man of Honour
SLI/CF these days ain't what it used to be - lot of newer games are hit and miss in support and/or you have to wait on drivers/patches :s

Man of Honour
you could get a sli 1080ti system for the price of that titan.

There is quite a jump in performance when the Titan V runs DX12 which future games will be using.

It is also difficult to get game devs to support SLI properly in DX12 games which makes the single card option more attractive.

I think the Titan V is a one off from the Volta architecture but it does give us an idea of what to expect with the next round of gaming cards from NVidia.

Man of Honour
Yes. Kaap, did you get one? We need someone to take it apart and find a way to power mod it. I'm not experimenting on $3K GPU. :D

I got a couple yes.

I tried cancelling one when I found out there was no mGPU support but NVidia sent both cards anyway. I am not sure whether to RMA the second card or use it in one of my other PCs, ATM it is still in its box unopened.

I agree with you, I don't want to experiment on the cards either and as there is no mGPU support I will probably carry on using them with the standard air cooler.

Back
Top Bottom