• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan XP air 1080ti

Associate
A friend of mine is selling his Titan XP (founders edition) which he’s owned and used since the day of release.

He would like £500 for the card. Im wondering wither I should pick up one of the 1080ti from OCUK for £580, or purchase his Titan XP. I currently have his card installed in my PC and it runs sweet, punished it with numerous benchmarks.

FYI I haven’t really considered the RTX cards. Going to wait til a few more games support the features.

I game at 1440p 144hz.

What’s people’s thoughts?

Soldato
I think they dropped the FE label for the Titan but all 10 series reference cards sold only directly by Nvidia were FE's (blower style with decent shroud) so as Titan XP's were sold only directly one could class those as FE's too.

I believe the 1080 Ti is slightly faster than the first Titan X Pascal, faster memory. Note that there was a later Xp card too, little p, which was about 10% faster again.
Difficult decision really, £579.99 brand new 1080 Ti vs vs £500 for a TItan XP a card how old? Probably out of warranty now? But a mate and the card is already in your machine :).
I had a Titan XP (first one) and agree it's a great card. End of the day tho it comes down to performance, price new vs used, 3 years warranty vs possibly hardly anything?
See if he can do it for a bit less? £450 if the first TXP . He doesn't even have to pay for shipping after all and zero risk of being ripped off. GPU's aren't cheap to ship either if you want it fully insured (around £26 via royal mail special delivery).
Hope this helps :).

Last edited:

P.B

P.B

Soldato
My titan XP actually was faster only but a couple of frames then my mates 1080ti Fe both fulll clocked as XP clock is so low

Soldato
My titan XP actually was faster only but a couple of frames then my mates 1080ti Fe both fulll clocked as XP clock is so low
Just looked up my old Titan saw I sold it to you. I'm rubbish at remembering names, including who I;ve sold stuff too on these forums. Hope it served you well :).
If I had kept it I don't think I would have upgraded this gen.

Associate
if your going to get the 1080Ti then I'd recommend the Aorus for the extra £50. Looks much nicer, has a back plate and will overclock better as it runs cooler. I'm really happy with mine. Just stay away from the newer drivers as I lose about 150mhz boost if I use them lol

Soldato
If its the TitanXp (2016) model then no not worth £500, its roughly 1080Ti in terms of performance but if its the titanXP from 2017 then its worth it at that price.

Titanxp from 2016 should be around £450 depending on length of warranty left.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
Just looked up my old Titan saw I sold it to you. I'm rubbish at remembering names, including who I;ve sold stuff too on these forums. Hope it served you well :).
If I had kept it I don't think I would have upgraded this gen.

Yeah it's under water never goes over 37 clocked at 2100 or just below depends on game coupled it with 8700k and built another with 6800k and another titan XP when I saw 1 a few months back for 450, but still not got round to try sli lol

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I’ve just checked with my mate and the card is the 2017 model Titan X Pascal with warranty.

Do we think it’s worth £450 and better than a 1080ti?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I’ve just checked with my mate and the card is the 2017 model Titan X Pascal with warranty.

It is obviously better than a 1080Ti, so there is no question of that from a hardware point of view. The only question you need to ask is to yourself is, are you happy with the less warranty and a second hand card for the money you are saving? Once you answer that you will know what to do.

If you want my personal opinion, I would definetly go for the Titan Xp in your place (as long as there is warranty your friend is happy to help with if needed).

Soldato

I agree with TNA if you friend can help you with warranty you would have to be crazy not to take it for £450 as the 2017 model goes for somewhere in £550-£650 depending on the model. The star wars edition cards fetch more.

Back
Top Bottom