Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Soldato
I am referring to getting more than a couple grunt kills. Not that I can do better than 100 points on my own in attrition. Just incase you thought I was attempting to say I was something special.

Oh, that makes sense. I read it completely wrong, my bad :o

Agreed that the standard of players has dramatically increased since beta, but that's good, I prefer a challenge! I wish there was a search and destroy mode for this, was my favourite mode in CoD.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
After the BF4 fiasco Titanfall has 3 chances, if I crash more than 3 times this evening I'm going to request a refund via Origin.

I've put about 8hrs in, gone through both sides of the campaign and not had a single crash. It's been solid as a rock for me.

That's maxed out 1080P with 4xAA with Insane textures (which seems to run fine on my 2GB card *shrug*).

Soldato
Well, I went against my better judgement and bought this. Will be having a go tonight.

I decided that I would not adhere to my usual cynical view on EA and games devlopers in general and take a punt, come what may.

For better or worse, only time will tell if I did the right thing! :p

Associate
That's maxed out 1080P with 4xAA with Insane textures (which seems to run fine on my 2GB card *shrug*).

Interestingly, I've had to drop down to very high as I was getting stuttering and my 3GB VRAM was maxxed out :/ it now sits at 2.7GB on very high.

I still get stuttering and drops from 60 on some maps with 2xAA, not sure what to drop to get a constant 60, seems there are inconsistencies in performance.

Permabanned
I think game is solid and does not crash but

AI.... how can it be THIS BAD ?? You start shooting at a bot and he ignores you completely if there is 3-4 of them you kill 2 before last one does anything.

I found that farming bots is fastest option to gain xp cause you can down army of those free kills before you get to kill ONE player.

I can honestly say that AI in Duke Nukem 3D game from like 1997 or something had better AI than 2014 game.
**** AI in:
half life 1
quake 1-2-3
unreal turnament

in every 10years+ old game AI was better. And those ware running off computer CPUs !!!! not some super mega dedicated cloud servers ad advertised.

That is only bad aspect of this game for me :/

they should just add option to play 16 vs 16 without those crappy bots.

Soldato
I think they're meant to be useless fodder. Distractions. There to be pwned in seconds while keeping your eyes peeled for the real threats.

Associate
I'd like to see pilot only matches made available, and perhaps 10v10 without any titans, as the maps just aren't able to hold that many titans potentially running around at once.

It wouldn't surprise me to see varied gamemodes, as they seem to be pulled down remotely when you first log in rather than built into the game. I think it was Halo that did this previously and kept rotating game modes.

Soldato
I'd like to see pilot only matches made available, and perhaps 10v10 without any titans, as the maps just aren't able to hold that many titans potentially running around at once.

It wouldn't surprise me to see varied gamemodes, as they seem to be pulled down remotely when you first log in rather than built into the game. I think it was Halo that did this previously and kept rotating game modes.

Due to their server design, there may be technical reasons for a 6v6 cap. Its a shame, but that is the way they went with it.

A 10v10 lag fest is not really going to be enjoyable.

I will keep my fingers crossed as 10v10 pilot only play is definitely something I am interested in. :)

Soldato
I think game is solid and does not crash but

AI.... how can it be THIS BAD ?? You start shooting at a bot and he ignores you completely if there is 3-4 of them you kill 2 before last one does anything.

I found that farming bots is fastest option to gain xp cause you can down army of those free kills before you get to kill ONE player.

I can honestly say that AI in Duke Nukem 3D game from like 1997 or something had better AI than 2014 game.
**** AI in:
half life 1
quake 1-2-3
unreal turnament

in every 10years+ old game AI was better. And those ware running off computer CPUs !!!! not some super mega dedicated cloud servers ad advertised.

That is only bad aspect of this game for me :/

they should just add option to play 16 vs 16 without those crappy bots.

Nope. The bots aren't meant to be a challenge, as people have said, they're essentially creeps like in DOTA. They aren't there to kill you, they're there to distract you, but they can harass you a bit and occasionally get a kill (A spectre once meleed me :o )

The reason it's not any higher player count is because it would be a spam fest otherwise, and the amount of titans would be ridiculous and just not fun. 6v6 is just about right imo, when there's 3-4 titans out it's bad enough, I wouldn't imagine it any more.

And before someone says "But Aedus, they could just limit the amount of titans the team can have out at once!" - That's not fair on the rest of the team, if someone survives a whole round in their titan they're taking the slot away from anyone else using it. People would be also more concerned with spamming their drop titan button than playing the game, and would play far too defensively just to ensure they never lost their titan slot to someone else. The way it is now promotes people being able to play aggressively in a titan with no real drawbacks to it, having slots will enforce people to play into a certain play style.

Soldato
^^ Why not have it so the number of Titans in play on each time is limited, but instead of it being "whoever hits the Titan button first when one becomes available" they get allocated to players in a random order (but after your turn in a Titan you are dropped from the selection pool until all the others on the team have had their go)...

Would require a few tweaks to how it works but could be a solution, maybe

Soldato
I think the 6v6 is perfect so what if ai is there still see human players enough anyway if titans were limited kinda ruin it abit as half of time we probably wouldn't end up with one

Soldato
Has amd crossfire support been improved since beta? Or is a new driver due to resolve this?

Not with me and my 290's. I was getting low FPS in games and static unless I disabled crossfire. Benchmarking was fine but I don't buy graphics card to benchmark all day.

I returned other 290's until AMD improve the drivers for the r9 series. Titanfall ran great in single card mode.

Associate
Does anyone know if they fixed the Nvidia Surround issue with the full release of the game? In the Beta, in Surround mode you got no HUD at all, no info on ammo, grenades, Titan Status, what the current score was etc etc. Also once you got in your Titan, there was no health/shield indicator.
I just wondered if they'd fixed it, now the game is on general sale.

Associate
Interestingly, I've had to drop down to very high as I was getting stuttering and my 3GB VRAM was maxxed out :/ it now sits at 2.7GB on very high.

I still get stuttering and drops from 60 on some maps with 2xAA, not sure what to drop to get a constant 60, seems there are inconsistencies in performance.

Same. Hopefully AMD will Mantelize it.

Soldato
So from a gamers perspective is it any good? I'm dubious about review scores these days, would like an insight as to what a gamer thinks of this.

Back
Top Bottom