Tmobile are pretty tosh too

Soldato
I lost my phone on Friday night and had taken out the Tmob insurance, the brochure said 48 hours turnaround from reporting the phone until you get a new one. It turns out because my phone is 'of high value' the have to send out a form for me to fill in, get back to them, and only then will they start my claim - so its going to take at least a week before I get a new phone. In addition you can get a replacement sim in the Tmobile store, only on the phone which takes between 3-5 working days! Useless useless - I probably shall not be continuing my contract with them next year. At least carphone allowed you to walk into a store, get a new phone and sim instantly. Tmob are dire at this.

ps a bit tipsy

Soldato
Morba said:
nothing like reading the terms and conditions before signing up for something to save feeling sorry for yourself should something not go as you want!
Ditto, lot of people are too harsh to early towards mobile companies, think just because they pay money they can get what they want, you pay for a service read what you pay for!

Soldato
Blacklist your phone and SIM card ASAP if you've not done so already

My Vario 2 got stolen over a month ago and was found by a lady this Sunday dumped in a bush! I believe it was dumped because it was blacklisted and so completely useless. When I ordered my new sim over the phone from T-Mobile it arrived the following day.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Vegeta said:
Ditto, lot of people are too harsh to early towards mobile companies, think just because they pay money they can get what they want, you pay for a service read what you pay for!

Its Tuesday now, I lost the mobile on Friday, I havent even received the forms that I need to send them before they can even consider my claim. In addition Tmobile didnt tell the insurance company that I had a replacement phone - which means an additional holdup. All I am doing is comparing the service to Carphonewarehouse - instant replacement sim card in the shop (makes sense surely) and instant mobile phone swap in store. Tmobile have been pretty poor.

Associate
it would also be good to note that t-mobile dont actually sell insurance, its a company called Fonesafe that t-mobile pass u onto, and it is clearly stated in the T&C's of the insurance that your required to report the phone within 48 hours or the claims is void, it does not however state youll get a new one within those 48 hours.

also in regards to SIM's you can get an immediate replacement sim in any t-mobile store for £15, or you can await one to be delivered (normally next day) for £10

as above, read before u agree.

Xionic

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Xionic said:
it would also be good to note that t-mobile dont actually sell insurance, its a company called Fonesafe that t-mobile pass u onto, and it is clearly stated in the T&C's of the insurance that your required to report the phone within 48 hours or the claims is void, it does not however state youll get a new one within those 48 hours.

also in regards to SIM's you can get an immediate replacement sim in any t-mobile store for £15, or you can await one to be delivered (normally next day) for £10

as above, read before u agree.

Xionic

I reported the phone lost within 24 hours and to fonesafe within 48 hours - however they are incredibly slow (see above), and it states several times in the brochure a 48 hour turnaround, no forms to fill in etc - both incorrect in my case. (because my phone was of a high value - what is the difference!?)

SIM's cannot be replaced in store, I went in to 2 stores and both said they havent had any in for 3 months, and told me the only way to get a sim was to call Tmobile.

Last edited:
Associate
i can assure you (stock allowing) that sims can be replaced instore no problem, i would know i work for t-mobile.

it also seams that the above issues you have in regards to your insurance is down to fonesafe and has nothing to do with t-mobile.

Xionic

Last edited:
Soldato
Xionic said:
i can assure you (stock allowing) that sims can be replaced instore no problem, i would know i work for t-mobile.

it also seams that the above issues you have in regards to your insurance is down to fonesafe and has nothing to do with t-mobile.

Xionic

alexslane said:
I will back that up , i also work for t-mobile.
sorry i hope that they deal with your problem with haste fella
All the best
Alex Slane

So both of you guys work for T-Mobile? Just wondering how you guys get trained and how long for, what systems do you use (just interested as I work for Orange and I think they tend to stick the CSR's into the deep end and hope you float).

Soldato
Tmobile suck anyway flext is stupid "900 mins or 1800 texts" £35 a month
Well, you could get a package with 900 minutes and 3000 texts for the same money, I got offered it on orange for £30 a month after chequeback with an N95, phones 4 u are ace. Tmobile get really dodgey signals round here anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
pitchfork said:
Well, you could get a package with 900 minutes and 3000 texts for the same money, I got offered it on orange for £30 a month after chequeback with an N95, phones 4 u are ace. Tmobile get really dodgey signals round here anyway

You dont get 'unlimited' internet with Orange like you do on Tmob do you;)

Soldato
true but why do you think they invented hsdpa cards and laptops? £25 a month for me, good lil bit of kit.

Do you really surf the internet on your phone?
I mean yeah i'll check my myspace and that, what does that cost me a month, 2 quid at the most.

Last edited:
Associate
pitchfork said:

Mate if you did a bit of research you would know that t-mobile offer 10,000 offpeak minutes to any network ( e.g 7-12 pm monday till friday , all day sat and sunday & bank holidays completely f.o.c on top , so this means you only use the flext allowance from 12am till 7pm monday to friday )................. which to me equals a lot more than any other network at the moment. and the web&walk package's offer a lot of value i mean i stream ,podcast,msn,browse and use voip for very little.

Alex Slane ;) :D

Soldato
I think if your a massive spender Orange are the best due to the unlimited benefits, but for the average joe like me who will send around 300-500 text messages, ring his answerphone, send about 10-20 pictures messages and use around 300 mins a month t mobile is the best as unlike orange calls to your answerphone and picture messaging is including in your tariff, orange data bundles suck majorly also.
The customer service isn't half as good, on t mobile every CSR seems to know what they're doing, in Orange you might get lucky and get a good one then again you might not get lucky and have to escalate to team leaders always to get the correct info.

Associate
i know other companys do offer great deals but when you look at Flext 35 with Web n Walk Plus

this gives you £180 of allowance which you can use between midnight-7pm aswell as this you also get Unlimited Free Evening (7-midnight) and Weekend (Anytime) Calls to any network (fairused at 10000 minutes a month) and Unlimited use of the internet (fairused to 3GB), and if you get a MDA or N95 you can use the phone as a modem through HSDPA and eliminate the need for a Datacard, all that for £47.50 a month.

cant say thats not a great offer

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I get 750mins, 3000 texts and unlimited calls 7pm-7am on vodafone for £30 a month with a U600.
Better value than tmobile if you ask me. Where I'd have to pay £35 a month for 900 mins or 1800 texts

I don't want an N95 or a MDA, too big. I value pocket space.
Also, I prefer to leave the datacard plugged in so i can just whip the laptop out and turn it on, not have to mess about with datacables and phones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom