1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to all Asrock 939 Dual SATA owners and maybe other asrock boards...

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by locutus12, 21 May 2006.

1. locutus12

PermaBanned

http://www.asrock.com/PRODUCT/AM2CPU Board.htm

its available now if you need it :) not quite sure where from lol, but its out there. its nice to know i wont have to upgrade this board for a long time yet. sure its not the fastest but its not the slowest, its quite good at overclocking and its got little features like this to keep me happy in the comming months.

2. pengellyd

Associate

And there's a review of it over on OCWorkbench, here.

It doesn't perform too badly, but is constrained by its voltage options. (The same cpu can do 2.95GHz on an ASUS motherboard)

3. lee87

Mobster

If it's cheap I might get one, though i'm not sure if my heatsink would fit on it. It looks like only small hsf's will fit.

Would AGP cards still work on this board with AM2?

4. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Its a nice idea, but couldnt they have made a module that slotted into the existing cpu soclet kinda like the old pentium overdrives?

5. Stellios

Capodecina

How well will this support a heatsink :/

6. quadboi

PermaBanned

Good question, I think the Ninja will fit perfectly :p

7. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

It looks very high as well in comparison to the graphics card that they had at the OCworkbench review, might not fit in some of the smaller cases

8. Nix

Capodecina

That's alot of weight being put on that card. Is there anyway to support the chip from bending etc?

EDIT:

The scoring is quite impressive, it's pretty much on par with the other board on everything. The CPU board would have to cheaper than buying another high-end motherboard for users to be interested though.

Last edited: 22 May 2006
  9. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

From the pictures it looks like the end of the card screws into pci slot thingy, but nothing appears to support the other end.

10. [email protected]

Wise Guy

Theres a couple of links on that review at the top that seem to suggest around $80...

M

11. easyrider

Caporegime

why not just get a am2 mobo?

12. Stellios

Capodecina

Ive just had a brain overheat. Do these chips not use a similar heatsink to the X1800s etc? Like a blower style, therefore supporting a HS wouldnt be a problem.

Because if this works with AM2 why buy a new board? Unless the expension is expensive.

13. Nix

Capodecina

The way the heatsink is placed on that, wouldn't that be sending a lot of heat the graphic's cards way?

14. lee87

Mobster

It might be the only AM2 board that you can use AGP cards on.
    It will probably be cheaper than buying a new board.

15. Randell

Hitman

Best of all is the support for DDR2 I didn't realise the upgrade card would also have the memory support as well.

What a great VFM board this is turning out to be :)

16. errata

Wise Guy

The board needs a complete infterface to the chipset on the board, not all are present at the CPU socket. This board works with s754 adn 939 as well!

17. locutus12

PermaBanned

well... its one in the eye for all the people who told me at the time that Asrock wouldnt bother making the upgrade board and that it was all a waste of money.