TO BE DOCTOR in UK

Man of Honour
I think that perhaps a computer forum isn't the best place for this question :p

Having said that there are a couple on the forum I believe.

There are at least 3-4 people here who work in the industry in the UK and seem more than willing to share their experiences.

To sum it up though you are likely looking at long hours, a lot expected of you but reasonably well paid if you progress beyond the initial pay bands.

Soldato
hey im a doctor.

hmm its alright, i dont know what its like in turkey.

hours are demanding dependant on what u do.. the work is obviously more demanding than most jobs, i dont think the pay is good for the hours/pressure/hours/risk compared to other countries. if i was to transfer my years training, my years in university & my GCSE (10-11A* rest A) + A level (all As) grades, I'd be making a lot more money in most other industries but oh well. its a vocation.

ive seen most foriegn doctors get put in medicine or A&E. u will struggle to get a training post in surgery and a consultancy post down the road in surgery. medicine u should be ok unless u want rheum/derm/cardio... but cardiology is probably do-able.

if u have the option to train in australia or new zealand instead, i would take it. if u have to sit exams to come here, i'd consider just trying to pass the USMLE instead and trying to get a job in the US, likewise for canada as the working conditions in those 4 are better imo.

Back
Top Bottom