• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

to sli or not to sli?

Associate
hello

i mainly play bf3 and have some money i would like to spend on my pc, will i see a difference if i buy another 560 ti and sli?

any other upgrade i should consider? £150 ish budget

thank you

Permabanned
Sli has it perks yes , generally I always say go for single more powerful card. Yes sticking a second card would help a little but I would sell what you have and get card with more VRAM. that memory is the only downside on your card

Or spend the cash elsewhere
:p

Associate
I love my 560ti SLI setup. Mine are both 2GB cards. I can't comment on BF3 as I don't have it, but the cards are excellent at 1920x1080. No stutters, and I play all my games on very high settings.

A year ago I had a single 460, and was debating whether to get a second for SLI - I'm glad I did, as that card is an SLI ninja. A year later, I've just traded them up for two 560ti's and am very happy with the result. Although for what I paid, many would say I should have held off a few weeks and bought a single 680.

Associate
I think the pitfall of SLI is that although you have double the processing power for your game, you are stuck with the vram of the card you are doubling up with.

You going para about vram usage in games that use lots of it, even though you have in theory, a lot of gpu grunt.

Associate
hello

i mainly play bf3 and have some money i would like to spend on my pc, will i see a difference if i buy another 560 ti and sli?

any other upgrade i should consider? £150 ish budget

thank you

Unless you are replacing that Crosshair IV single card is your only option as it does not support SLI

Back
Top Bottom