Toasting a subway sub

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I don't mind a subway but saying that, despite there being about 250 meters from my house I probably only get one once every 4 months.
Subway use a sort of oven to toast their bread, however I would probably use the grill.

Soldato
Good old OCUK

OP asks a question

People proceed to criticise his life rather than answer the question :p

Personally OP I’d just stick it under the grill in the oven if your oven has that functionality :)

Associate
If you bought an untoasted subway for later, what’s the best way of toasting it so it’s hot and melts the cheese?

would you use the microwave, grill, oven, panini press or something else?

I'd certainly avoid the microwave, the cheese will melt but the bread will go soggy and hard at the same time.

If you have access to a panini press that's what I would use.

Associate
Subways make me feel slightly nauseated, the smell of rennet alone from outside is enough to put me off. I suggest a nice freshly made roll with cold meats or cheese from a bakers if you can't make your own. When I say bakers, I do not mean Greggs.

Yeah that smell is not good...had a job years ago and saw the process of them thawing out the frozen dough & heating up product. What a stench I keep clear & have never purchase a subway product as a result. Agree use proper baker who bake from scratch .

Associate
Stick it in a oven for 10-15mins at 200C (gas mark 6) or put it into a pan with lid on low heat for around 15min-20mins, making sure you flip it every 5mins or so.

Back
Top Bottom