Toastmasters

Soldato
Anyone involved? I've seen the occasional suggestion on here for people to give it a try. For those who aren't aware, it's a speaking club where you aim to improve your public speaking skills. It is what you make of it really. It is a fantastic place to network and well.

I myself joined a local club back in January. Loving it so far. There is so much to learn and some inspiring people to draw from. I can already feel my public speaking anxiety improving.

Soldato
Good idea. I assume alcohol + people and talk.

With London in commuter distance, the main issue is that late nights and the commute means something has to be sacrificed.

Caporegime
I've certainly mentioned it a few times on here as I'd heard good things about it from others, soft skills shouldn't be underestimated yet so many people are appallingly bad at even things like giving a simple presentation internally or just simply just how they come across in meetings etc...

I've not personally been to one but I did do some acting courses which were also fun and great for getting yourself super comfortable being in front of audiences. Professional actors are great in general for teaching soft skills, just the basics in a beginner's course would help so many people with their posture, voice etc.. and it's fun/sociable.

Back
Top Bottom