Today my 7 year old daughter got told off at school for...

Soldato
Tell her to ignore the stupid rules. They will never justify any real punishment for holding hands and clapping lol

It's the softy teachers who need a telling off. I'm guessing they are quite young and part of generation ****flake. Get angry and properly chew them out, make them cry. They clearly need introducing to the real world.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tag or 'it' was recently banned at my son's primary school as well and a few of the kids have got 'yellow cards' for chasing each other with the teachers thinking they were playing 'it'. I was telling my son about playing British Bulldog when I was a kid and he couldn't believe it!
Same here. Back in my school days (1970's and 1980's) British Bulldog was a full contact sport. It was great.

We also used to randomly point at someone and shout "bundle!" and everyone in the playground would run up and bundle on top of them.

Man of Honour
One of mine is in an independent school, none of this nonsense is spouted there.

It's the next social experiment with our kids.
Also same here. My son's primary school was very 'progressive'. But his high school is fantastic with proper sports like rugby, cricket, etc.

Soldato
Same here. Back in my school days (1970's and 1980's) British Bulldog was a full contact sport. It was great.

We also used to randomly point at someone and shout "bundle!" and everyone in the playground would run up and bundle on top of them.

Yup, same here.

Fortunately, my children’s school is pretty good. None of these stupid rules the OP mentions.

Caporegime

Broke my nose playing BB when I was 11. Mum went mad. They didn’t ban it though. Just recorded as a playtime accident.

Soldato
Used to fear kick the bottle. A bottle that was kicked around at lunch time with the same rules as tag. Except if you were the last one to touch the bottle as the bell to end lunch would go. Everyone playing got to kick the **** out of you.

Soldato
Yes possibly. I was living in East London at the time. Not too far from Ilford actually.
Yeah I went to school in the South East (middx) and we also had bundles.

I'm otherwise happy with my son's school, and he does martial arts two or three times a week outside of school so hopefully won't grow into a *********.

Associate
holding her best friends hand.

Her and 3 friends got told off last week because they were touching each other playing tag.

I've posted about the school before and it's at a point where we're thinking of pulling her out due to how silly it's getting.

Does any other school you know of have rules like this?

We've also got marshmallow clapping where they clap but their hands stop about 5 inches apart...

WTF is wrong with the world

I'm shocked, really shocked.
My son behind me has just said that happened to him at his school. This was primary school.
They used to make us hold hands at my first school on walks etc.

Back
Top Bottom