Today's mass shooting in the US

Man of Honour
But remember, it's not the time to talk gun control...
Unless he's not white, then it'll be the perfect time to talk immigration ban.

Man of Honour
OP
Good guys with guns... Well, church attendees and in Texas, so how many more do they think they needed?

I'll be very unsurprised if it is someone that legally owned a gun that in most other countries that do have high civilian gun ownership woudln't have legally got near a firearm.

Soldato
So what we gonna guess?

White guy early twenties to late 30s, loner or lack of social skills. Bullied in school/ in a "non-masculine" career. Brought the weapons and bullets over many months and had a bumpstock?

Man of Honour
OP
So what we gonna guess?

White guy early twenties to late 30s, loner or lack of social skills. Bullied in school/ in a "non-masculine" career. Brought the weapons and bullets over many months and had a bumpstock?

That many killed in a church in Texas sounds like some form of automatic fire - a lot of people carry in TX and I suspect many had guns in their truck as well - though not very useful at the moment the shooting started.

I suspect this was political/racial shooting - quite likely either black on white or white on black/Hispanic.

EDIT: Looks like the church has a fairly mixed congregation with a large proportion of white so loner with a grudge is also highly possible.

Soldato
And yet they won’t or will not do anything to address gun ownership in America :/.

Too busy catching dem muslim terrorists I guess lol.

First reply, well done, you did similar in the other thread and got called out on it, here

White man throws acid on 2 muslims and not one single care was given. Wonder why that is?? I’m sure the racist xenophobic lot in here will come up a few good reasons as to why it’s ok to throw acid on dem brownies.

Associate
First reply, well done, you did similar in the other thread and got called out on it, here
I don't know about his posting history, but from spending years in the US, I don't disagree with his view. It's the same as our view here, if someone similar to us murders someone, well, sometimes bad things happen and he's clearly nuts, but if the murderer has a clear distinguishing difference to us, be it race/religion/culture, then it's very easy (and comforting) to pick up on that feature and have the simplistic view that removing that element from society will cure all problems.

Americans won't blame guns as that would be admitting that they themselves are the problem. Blaming some other relatively small group is however very easy.

Back
Top Bottom