Today's mass shooting in the US

fez

fez

Caporegime
Has God been contacted? Has He replied or did we merely leave a message with St. Peter for a call back?

I've been sending thoughts and prayers for days so I am completely baffled that nothing has happened so far. I'm sure there are millions more in the same position. I don't know what more we could do.

Permabanned
More money left over to spend on bigger more powerful guns and ammunition, maybe they could get a big enough tax break to put a Phalanx CIWS at the front gate to every school, beats me!

It's about time we had ED-209 at all school gates, all airports and banks. Anyone carrying a gun or on a wanted list gets shot by 50 rounds instantly. With face recognition. lol

Permabanned
186 pages on stuff that has sod all to do with us in the UK. And not one person poking their interference in, as far as I know, has gone, or plans to go to the USA and get into politics to try to effect changes as they appear so concerned with ;)

An ongoing and bizarre obsession as to what the Yanks are doing and how they vote on firearms law. Nothing done or posted here will make the slightest difference to their liking for owning and using guns.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
186 pages on stuff that has sod all to do with us in the UK. And not one person poking their interference in, as far as I know, has gone, or plans to go to the USA and get into politics to try to effect changes as they appear so concerned with ;)

An ongoing and bizarre obsession as to what the Yanks are doing and how they vote on firearms law. Nothing done or posted here will make the slightest difference to their liking for owning and using guns.

Correct, same as 80% of these forums so what's your point ? :)

Soldato

36 pages

Soldato

It's sure weird how people have an emotive response to primary school children being shot and killed in school on a regular basis. Bizarre. :rolleyes:

Soldato

I presume you have been getting into politics to change immigration laws then?

Soldato
This should sort it all out then?

"In 2019, the United States Secret Service released an analysis of targeted school violence, concluding the best practice for prevention was forming a multidisciplinary threat assessment team, in conjunction with the appropriate policies, tools, and training".

Soldato
I think there's some dispute about who said this, but it was years ago, and is even more relevant today in the US.

I want any young men who buy a gun to be treated like young women who seek an abortion. Think about it: a mandatory 48-hours waiting period, written permission from a parent or a judge, a note from a doctor proving that he understands what he is about to do, time spent watching a video on individual and mass murders, traveling hundreds of miles at his own expense to the nearest gun shop, and walking through protestors holding photos of loved ones killed by guns, protestor who call him a murderer. After all, it makes more sense to do this for young men seeking guns than for young women seeking an abortion. No young woman needing reproductive freedom has ever murdered a roomful of strangers.

Soldato
I think there's some dispute about who said this, but it was years ago, and is even more relevant today in the US.

I mean, from our perspective it makes sense, but when you apply it to a country where there are more Tigers living in people's backyards, than in the wild - logical, sensible ideas tend to fall a bit flat I'm afraid.

The US is a broken, stupid place.

Soldato
This should sort it all out then?

"In 2019, the United States Secret Service released an analysis of targeted school violence, concluding the best practice for prevention was forming a multidisciplinary threat assessment team, in conjunction with the appropriate policies, tools, and training".

Policies, tools and training, so someone somewhere will get rich off of the back of it, rather than trying to look at the actual root cause of why it keeps happening...

They just need to get rid of schools....

Caporegime
Going back to the actual attack, police took nearly an hour to storm the class - It's not entirely clear but certainly possible that children were shot throughout this delay.

Also this described on BBC News

Described as a loner from a "fraught home life", the gunman shot his grandmother before fleeing the scene in a battered truck carrying firearms and copious ammunition. He then drove erratically across town and crashed his car into a ditch near Robb Elementary School.

An officer engaged with him, but failed to stop him from entering the school. He then proceeded to shoot 19 children and two teachers dead, before officers converged on the classroom and a border patrol officer who had responded while nearby killed him, according to Mr Abbott.

So a "good guy with a gun" failed to stop this before it started.

Soldato
I mean, from our perspective it makes sense, but when you apply it to a country where there are more Tigers living in people's backyards, than in the wild - logical, sensible ideas tend to fall a bit flat I'm afraid.

The US is a broken, stupid place.

It's not really people's backyards, it's in private ownership, mostly private zoo's for example. Yes, some people have pet Tigers, but Tigers are expensive to keep if you're just having one as a pet.

The US considers guns as a "right", try to get your head around that when you're suggesting "control" (bans), people are very defensive about what they consider the rights afforded to them as a US citizen. School shootings are a problem and a massive tragedy that is horrible and disturbing, guns obviously shouldn't be in schools, so solutions to mentally ill kids entering schools with firearms and shooting people are good, but banning guns in a nation where they are considered a God given right isn't going to work. Try and get that into your thick skulls before suggesting it.

Soldato
How many times does it have to be repeated to those with "thick skulls" that the majority of discussion on here and in America, is talking about increasing gun ownership controls, not banning them entirely, something the majority of Americans themselves agree with. It's only the minority in America that don't want any further restrictions.

Caporegime
6wcm4z.jpg

u7d2y7.jpg

Oof.

Back
Top Bottom