Today's Youth

Soldato
Joined
8 Oct 2005
Posts
4,185
Location
Midlands, UK
well, have just come in from town and am still chuckling to myself. I was waiting to play forza 2 in a certain game shop. Playing, was a kid 14 years old max. He was trying to do the nuremburg (spellt wrong i know) track using the ferrari race car (#12 FSP thing) and failing very badly (i wanted to say - "you need to brake to go corners you fool"). Anyway, after watching him fail for about 5 minutes he finally gives up walks away from the console very frustrated.

So, i had a qucik go on the same track with the same car. After a few mins of driving a noticed this same kid was standing behind me with his arms crossed looking annoying. I continued to drive, doing what you need to on this track - brake, slow down for corners, do the slow in fast out of corners: nothing amazing, justb the type of things you do to get down the course without crashing etc. I wasn't doing badly and hadn't crashed at all for a few mins. Now i don't claim to be a forza 2 master, but like most people can drive down a course without crashing.

I look behind again and this same kid is now talking to the cashier and is pointing my way. I assumed it was because I had been playing for 5 mins or so. I think nothing of it and go up the counter to pay.

Quite intrigued i ask the cashier what the kid said, as he looked like he was pointing at me. The cashier laughs and says "he told me you were cheating on the racing game as you didn't crash". Really couldn't help but laugh. What will come of the youth today? :)
 
Soldato
Joined
4 Aug 2006
Posts
7,850
Location
Stevenage , Wisbech
Ha ha nice one! I remember when Guitar Hero came out on the PS2 I walked into a certain shop there was a couple of kids playing Take me out. They was moaning about the guitar the graphics the song etc, saying they wouldn't get it was cack etc. I asked the to have a go, (they didnt know i had the game for a week or so), pretended that i didnt know what i was doing put it on hard and aced the song in front of them! (know its not the hardest!) Turned around and said to the girl behind the till i thought it was a bit easy, they didnt look impressed and snared at me as i walked out the shop.
 
Soldato
Joined
28 Feb 2004
Posts
4,009
I hate nothing more than people accusing others or myself as cheaters it's one of the few things that can ruin a good gaming session
 
Caporegime
Joined
9 Mar 2006
Posts
56,659
Location
Surrey
Posty said:
I hate nothing more than people accusing others or myself as cheaters it's one of the few things that can ruin a good gaming session


apart from at a halo lan when accusing everyone of screenwatching wheneve the kill you/take the flag/damage your health at all is part of the fun :D
 
Caporegime
Joined
1 Oct 2004
Posts
26,316
Location
Redcar
I was accused of hacking at Counter-Strike at a LAN. There were some of the best Q3 players in the country there aswell.

In fairness it was when I play playing as a merc in the top 5 clans in the country and it was the best I'd ever player. Was awesomely amusing being accused by 6 different people.
 
Soldato
Joined
24 Feb 2004
Posts
14,340
Location
St.Andrews
~J~ said:
Burnout - say no more :(

It's only because of the Plantronics car :p

Which looks like it could be missing from the new game \0/

I've only been accused of cheating in some racing games when playing with some die hard FPS gamers confused:
 
Soldato
Joined
18 Jan 2005
Posts
8,538
I'm not usually good enough to be accused of cheating. :o

Only games I can think of are Pro Evo and FN3. Played some yank on FN3, he was Taylor, I was Jones Jr. He had a decent rec, was mouthing off as usual before the fight, I absolutely destroyed him inside the first round (without using the special punches). After the fight he started telling everyone in the lobby I was a hacker, don't fight me etc. Not sure if he actually believed it or if he was just annoyed he took such a beating.
 
Soldato
OP
Joined
8 Oct 2005
Posts
4,185
Location
Midlands, UK
NokkonWud said:
I was accused of hacking at Counter-Strike at a LAN. There were some of the best Q3 players in the country there aswell.

In fairness it was when I play playing as a merc in the top 5 clans in the country and it was the best I'd ever player. Was awesomely amusing being accused by 6 different people.


Used to play q3 loads, what were the names of some of the players you refer to?
 
Man of Honour
Joined
15 Jan 2006
Posts
32,414
Location
Tosche Station
Used to get called a cheater loads when I played CS 1.6.

You kinda get used to it and just ignore them after a while, it's better not to take the bait.
 
Soldato
Joined
5 Feb 2006
Posts
3,524
only ever accused at CS. GOD DAMMIT DID THAT ANNOY ME. First because its always the worse players who have been playing for a little while and cant quite comprehend how you can kill them so easily. Not tricky when you play a game for 5 years straight!. Secondly its annoying as people arent recognising your skill :p and then of course you get banned from a server that you enjoy playing on ..... sigh :(
 
Soldato
Joined
5 Jul 2005
Posts
17,995
Location
Brighton
Shamikebab said:
apart from at a halo lan when accusing everyone of screenwatching wheneve the kill you/take the flag/damage your health at all is part of the fun :D


Yep, so much fun... comments that would normally start a fight are completely ignored during a Halo match :D
 
Soldato
Joined
26 Jul 2003
Posts
10,948
Location
Derby
Ah those poor children, it's a pity they can't stand up to your mighty powers that were honed by those thousands of very well spent hours on your arses. ;)
 
Soldato
Joined
13 Jan 2004
Posts
23,692
Location
South East
suarve said:
well, have just come in from town and am still chuckling to myself. I was waiting to play forza 2 in a certain game shop. Playing, was a kid 14 years old max. He was trying to do the nuremburg (spellt wrong i know) track using the ferrari race car (#12 FSP thing) and failing very badly (i wanted to say - "you need to brake to go corners you fool"). Anyway, after watching him fail for about 5 minutes he finally gives up walks away from the console very frustrated.

So, i had a qucik go on the same track with the same car. After a few mins of driving a noticed this same kid was standing behind me with his arms crossed looking annoying. I continued to drive, doing what you need to on this track - brake, slow down for corners, do the slow in fast out of corners: nothing amazing, justb the type of things you do to get down the course without crashing etc. I wasn't doing badly and hadn't crashed at all for a few mins. Now i don't claim to be a forza 2 master, but like most people can drive down a course without crashing.

I look behind again and this same kid is now talking to the cashier and is pointing my way. I assumed it was because I had been playing for 5 mins or so. I think nothing of it and go up the counter to pay.

Quite intrigued i ask the cashier what the kid said, as he looked like he was pointing at me. The cashier laughs and says "he told me you were cheating on the racing game as you didn't crash". Really couldn't help but laugh. What will come of the youth today? :)

LOL, that is hilarious. It is one thing being called a cheat online but in a games store is another. haha
 
Soldato
Joined
9 Jun 2005
Posts
13,972
ive get accused of hacking at css every now and again which is weird because im awful at it

just good at knifing and i dont people like getting knifed :D
 
Back
Top Bottom