Told to work this afternoon at new workplace issue?

Soldato
Hi guys,

I will try to make this short, basically last night I have been messaged to come to work this afternoon for the next four days at New restaurant that started opening this week. I did miss 7-8 days of training at the start which he said was very important, but I told him at the interview that my notice was 2 weeks. Last week I got told to stay at home and don't need to come in, I have only done 3 days of training. I have agreed to go in, but is it possible to change my mind? As I have been left out of this week's schedule originally?

Thank you

Capodecina
Soldato
Do they know you have insufficient training? Seems to me they're desperate for people and they're going to need you regardless.

I think this is one of those things whereby, as long as you inform them you have insufficient training, you go in and make the best of it.

Soldato
OP
I feel that I am being left out of things and treated badly by the guy who employed me, I was got told to go on training app and now the account has been deleted. I have the feeling that the manager is punishing me for not attending all the training. But there is no way to attend due to the 2 weeks notice(which I told him during the interview).

Soldato
Suck it up. Go in, do the work to the best of your ability. Go home.

And look for another job cause this new boss sounds an absolute fud.

Soldato
Just go in and do what you can, ensure you tell them you haven't had the sufficient training but you'll do what you can. If it sucks hard and it turns out the boss man really is a turd then look for another job, nothing sucks more than a s****y boss.

Soldato
OP
OK thanks guys, I appreciate the advices, would like to open my eyes and see what type of person this boss man is too lol. I actually had a phone call for interview yesterday. So I am not worried at finding another job. I will be heading in this afternoon!

Soldato
I had to read the OP 3-4 times to understand what's going on?

OP was leaving a current job with 2 weeks notice. Couldn't attend training sessions at new job because of said notice on previous job. Now they want him to start work without completing all of his training? Is that right?

If so, well just go to work. As long as you've flagged (preferably in writing) that you haven't completed the training then whatever. It'll probably just be telling you how to carry a heavy box or something.

Soldato
OP
OK guys, I just got a call from another restaurant that is only a few doors away from this current place(many food businesses opening up in my local shopping centre) , I have actually told them my situation and if they would mind going in. Now they told me to go in today at 3pm as they have training going on to see if it right for me. Also telling me that they are looking for part/full time people.

Man of Honour
OK guys, I just got a call from another restaurant that is only a few doors away from this current place(many food businesses opening up in my local shopping centre) , I have actually told them my situation and if they would mind going in. Now they told me to go in today at 3pm as they have training going on to see if it right for me. Also telling me that they are looking for part/full time people.
So what you going to do ?

Caporegime
OP is also a time waster lol. Let’s be honest.

Yes, because taking training to do your job is a waste of time :rolleyes:

OK thanks guys, I appreciate the advices, would like to open my eyes and see what type of person this boss man is too lol. I actually had a phone call for interview yesterday. So I am not worried at finding another job. I will be heading in this afternoon!

I don't know where you live but the industry is absolutely screaming for staff at the moment, the world is your oyster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

OP was leaving a current job with 2 weeks notice. Couldn't attend training sessions at new job because of said notice on previous job. Now they want him to start work without completing all of his training? Is that right?

If so, well just go to work. As long as you've flagged (preferably in writing) that you haven't completed the training then whatever. It'll probably just be telling you how to carry a heavy box or something.

Yes, its a resturant so it will be fire safety, food safety, alcohol licensing, etc, all simple common sense stuff but it needs to be done.

But that does not take 8 days, maybe 1 day. So would like to know what OP does for 3 days of training?

Associate

Pretty much this

Soldato
OP
I have not signed any form of contract..
Boss sounds like a dick. Ignore him and find another job.
This is what I ended up doing, turned up saying to him saying that it may not be the job for me. I will attend the training at the other restaurant at 3pm and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom