1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tommy Robinson arrested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightrider1470, Jun 2, 2018.

1. h4rm0ny

Soldato

I wouldn't even focus on outcomes, myself. These have complex origins and in any case are divorced from desire and intent. I'd ask what has Trump done personally that condemns him. His first year in office seemed quite positive to me. It's only more recently as the Establishment has regrouped from the disarray of Hillary losing that he now seems to be locked in a secret battle with neocons and all-out war by the Democrats.

Russian collusion has been pushed like a mantra. Someone also edited together a fraction of the attempts to associate him with the KKK to hilarious effect.

But sadly, searching for this on YouTube right now, YouTube presented me a page full of videos suggesting that he supports the KKK before I eventually found this one way down.

Indeed, the KKK bogeyman is used to tar political enemies despite the KKK being tiny in number and politically powerless.

Less racist than his media and political opponents on the whole, that is for certain!

They'd have felt quite at home on the counter-protest to the Brexit rally where the mob was calling for Tommy Robinson's death in chants.

The NYT that employs open racists, also!

Can we add Libya to the list, please? The media lock-down and propaganda on that one was like nothing I've ever seen in the West, before. I was an active voice against it and I have never faced such well-organized and aggressive opposition propaganda before. And the case was indisputably built on lies.

2. jsmoke

Soldato

You talk like a Republican.

3. stockhausen

Capodecina

The good news for him is that Trump can always count on the enthusiastic support of those acclaimed lovers of freedom and democracy Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin

4. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

You haven't countered anything with examples, just a bunch of vague statements and ramblings, like all your posts, no substance at all.

5. RaohNS

Sgarrista

There are and have been tax cuts. They have been across the board. He cut taxes and revenue went up. It was the Democrats who stopped them being permanent.

How is it a conspiracy theory when its all out there? The only one making it up is you.

We can add Libya, yes. The employment rates have lots of factors. More to name. But you can argue a policy of reducing red tape is there. The problem is we cant rely on journalists to publish truth anymore. Bringing this back to point, TR has potentially blown the lid on something Panorama execs have done. He has at least prima facie turned the tables on them and now they are going to cry fowl.

^ this is an example of a conspiracy theory. Lolhausen, do you believe that the Russian government subverted the entire US election machine and installed Trump as a Manchurian candidate?

6. VincentHanna

Capodecina

No.

But personally I think they put enough bots and fake social media news out there to get him across the line, as a weak American President serves them very well.

7. RaohNS

Sgarrista

Why would Russia want a President who has said he will beef up the military (and passed two huge military budgets) vs a candidate who they had given vast quantities of money through donations, fees and access?

Hate to say it Vince but if you believe a few thousand bot accounts (remember Clinton had those too plus the support of ALL major tech companies that did influence results eg #DNCLeaks having an algorithm run to alter its impact eg #dncleaks #DncLeaks #dncLeaks.

It is like me now being able to claim (against posters like Evan) that voter fraud was a big problem. According to Texas officials 95,000 illegal voters were registered and 58,000 of them voted. There is an LA county with 120% more voters than people actually there. Not to mention voter ID issues.

Get him across the line?

[​IMG]

Yea... Scraped him across the line... Barely....

If bots wanted him to win... Why did he lose the popular vote?

8. VincentHanna

Capodecina

9. Mason-

Soldato

10. Rotty

Don

This is not a thread about Trump

11. stockhausen

Capodecina

Why on earth would "Panorama execs" cry Gallus gallus?

12. sigma

Perma Banned

Lolly lollinson

13. RaohNS

Sgarrista

From your own source:

Unnamed sources.... Who are these people? Things like that are not and never to be trusted. Thought you would have figured that by now?

Trumps biggest complaint has always been the US getting a short straw in funding obligations. If he is pulling out of NATO... He's not doing a good job of it (beefing up military).

To Rotty: It isn't, but maybe if mods did a better job there of being non-partisan in their role. There is open hostility to pro-Trump posters that is 100% permitted and descends into gleeful histrionics by the mob in there.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  14. RaohNS

Sgarrista

They have been exposed. Thus far we have the execs referring to all white working class as Cannibals and space aliens....

Imagine referring to blacks or other such groups as something similar. His head would be wanted on a spike!

15. stockhausen

Capodecina

Has this appalling Panaroma program about chickens been aired yet?

16. h4rm0ny

Soldato

Such "bots" as have been actually sourced to Russian IPs (markedly different from being sourced to the Russian government as anyone with a basic understanding of the Internet knows) are a tiny, tiny, drop in the ocean compared to the online storm unleashed by the Democrats in the presidential election? Facebook refused to even release the ads that they claimed had been funded by Russia though they were pushed into confirming there were (iirc) two of them and cost less than $2000 (would need to dig out the actual figures but it was chronically low). Does anybody actually believe such had any effect compared to the $226.9M that was spent on media blitz by the Hillary campaign? Does anyone think Vladimir Putin thought the US election could be bought for a couple of thousand dollars? It's an absurd notion. And for the incoming comments focused on principle, I'd like them to bring with them their history of complaining when Obama tried to influence UK referendums (to a far greater degree) or their objections to US spending money to overthrow the pro-Russian government of the Ukraine. THEN I might consider that their objections really are about principle or legality, rather than effect. But the truth is it's never been proven. Only that a pitiful amount of effort by some parties traced to IPs in Russia (not the government) may have tried to influence the election. Hardly something that looks worth the time of either Putin or Trump. The best we can possibly lay at Russia's door are the Podesta emails that exposed corruption in the DNC and the Hillary emails that exposed some of her own corruption. But Wikileaks is on record as stating Podesta was a leak from inside the DNC, not a hack as the US establishment has tried to claim and sadly we can no longer ask Seth Rich if it might have been him. In any case, if anyone wants to make the case that the American public being MORE informed about their presidential candidates actual behaviour is anti-democratic, I could always use a laugh.

Also, since when is being open to dialogue "weak". Pro-war, pro-US hegemony proponents such as yourself are doubly saddening as you probably don't even consider yourself to be such. Yet here you are, condemning withdrawal from the Middle East and ratcheting down East-West tensions as "weakness", just as much as any Neocon hawk.

EDIT: Gah! Must read to end of thread before replying. Okay, no more replies from me on that but as I spent nearly ten minutes typing it, I'll leave it. My last on the subject though.

17. Scort

Mobster

This thread has taken a bit of a detour it seems, not sure if this video series has been posted:

Watching a bit now, but this first part is nearly an hour - not sure if I'll watch the whole thing, but it's been interesting so far.

Edit: also - what's the story with his conviction, is it happening, or is he now off the hook?

18. h4rm0ny

Soldato

For the lastest arrest? I suspect they're quietly trying to drop it. He was reading out names that were already printed in the local paper, he was pretty careful to avoid any legally incriminating additions and this was on the final day of the trial and the jurors had already gone in for their final verdict. If by the third day of the trial the jurors didn't know the names of the defendants, I hardly think that could be laid at Tommy's door. He was then arrested for "breaching the peace" on the instructions of a judge to the police, which was later deemed to be acting inappropriately by other judges. He was fast-tracked through the court process at record speed, denied the opportunity to get his own lawyer and they concealed the time of his court appearance to prevent his friend from reaching him. It has all the hallmarks of a judge acting beyond his remit and even other judges said so (due respect to them). And as a result of all this he was imprisoned and seemingly deliberately moved to a prison with a high Muslim population to justify keeping him in solitary. So as I said, I expect them to try and quietly sideline this though I think he might be pursuing legal action himself.

As a result of this, he was

19. Scort

Mobster

Yes, the conviction off the back of this - I've not kept abreast with it since it was last postponed, back in October I think - when Ezra was there. I think the last rumblings I heard from TR's opposition, was that he was guilty - so surely he's been convicted and banged up by now?

20. RaohNS

Sgarrista

He also has images he claims that clearly show the Court did not follow procedures in highlighting the D Notice (something that compelled the Judge to refer to SoS and thus validating his claim that the Court, did not display the notice).

Again, in the same case it was noted that the jurors had already reached a decision and it was for sentencing. Hence again the Judge referring to SoS. Thus he was telling the truth again. Note: The media claimed he jeopardized the trial... This is only a half truth given the trial was over.

Evidenced by the video he showed on the day.

While missing the important fact that the media reported he plead guilty (Secret Barista) and the press reported the same. It then transpired Robinson said he never plead guilty and that he was telling the truth. Fake News anyone?

Yes and where he lost a considerable amount of weight and where it MUST be true that he claimed the prison behaved inappropriately as he had letters from prison saying explicitly what he alleged and then a statement from the Prison for all intents and purposes lying completely!

Silent on the legal action he is taking but he released a list of outlets he would sue and it had gone before a solicitor.