1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tommy Robinson arrested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightrider1470, Jun 2, 2018.

1. EdwardTeach

Mobster

Didn't have a milkshake to hand?

2. B&W

Soldato

And the truth comes out, another vile muslim hating bigot crawling out of the woodworks to suck off good old tommy.

3. vanillaface

Gangster

I said Islam is an abomination; not Muslims.

In any case, it would only be possible to be bigoted against Islam if the person did not know anything about Islam.
    Bigotry is dislike of others just because they hold different views or beliefs, or in other words it is dislike or hatred without reason.

Dislike or hatred WITH reason, is not bigotry.

So for example, if a Frenchman said, "I dislike the Dutch", then was asked why, he would be bigoted if he said, "no reason", but if his answer gave a reason, then he would not be bigoted.

4. Roar87

Soldato

It's hard to comment on this seeing as The Sun is only showing a small part of what happened, but I honestly couldn't care that he punched someone who was mouthing off to him, that's the real world. It's really easy not to provoke people into punching you.

5. Raz

Mobster

I'm not saying change is always for the better, just pointing out a fact. The main issue for you it seems is Islam then. A question then. Seeing how much you researched Tommy's history with the judicial system, have you researched into Islam, to sift through the bad press it gets to distinguish between lies and facts?

6. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

Yeah, no.

Definition of bigot

: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Try again, champ!

7. vanillaface

Gangster

I studied Islam for several years, and did so as if I wished to convert.
    I have respect for people who leave Islam, especially since they face abuse, ostracisation and violence from their family, former friends, and other Muslims in the community.
    Churchill said that "individual Muslims may display great qualities" or words to that effect, and I agree with him, but that's really just talking about how people make me feel when I talk to them. In terms of the ideology, then it's pure garbage, or worse than garbage.

Islam doesn't get a bad press; it gets a good press. It's even taught in school that it's a religion of peace. Pure lies.

8. vanillaface

Gangster

Nope, it's dislike or hatred without reason.

bigotry
    /ˈbɪɡətri/
    noun
    intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

9. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

There's no requirement for a reason to be held; that doesn't magically make you not a bigot because 'reasons'. The definition is quite clear, you're just unwilling to embrace the bigot label. I get that, that's fine, but you need to be a bit more logical with your stance.

You can do this, we're all rooting for you!

10. vanillaface

Gangster

If bigotry was hatred without reason, then we'd be living in some kind of hell in which people were not allowed to use their brain to think about things, because hatred or dislike of something is just as valid as love of like of something.
    Bigotry is merely hatred or dislike without reason.

Anyone's free to dislike or hate anything which makes them feel that way about it, if they have a reason to do so.
    For example, I hate Islamic sexual slavery gangs, but I am not bigoted against them, for this hatred has a reason, and furthermore, the reason is an arguable one.

Don't go down the road of accepting the efforts to redefine words, as happened with such words as "racism" and "misogyny", since such things are done for political reasons in order to gain power over this person or that person or this group or that group.

11. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

That's a lot of words to say that you don't accept the definition of bigot or bigotry because it conveniently allows you to claim you're not a bigot. Cool, cool, we're on the same page.

12. Amp34

Caporegime

Read as “I can’t provide any links because I don’t want to show my source”. Or “I can’t remember if it came from a Conspiracy website, /R, or the BBC, but I’m going to assume it’s correct”.

13. Mr Badger

Soldato

Are you arguing with yourself?

14. Amp34

Caporegime

The guy is either a (reasonably funny) troll or a complete conspiracy theorist nutter.

Unfortunately the latter seems to be becoming more common, hence governments around the world spending more time monitoring and dealing with far right terrorism.

15. The Geezer

Wise Guy

So he's not a criminal ?

He perpetrated mortgage fraud for 5 years to protect his family ? Assaulted folks because his wife and kids were in danger ? Traveled on a someone else's passport because he's 'famous' (infamous) therefore didn't want to advertise his US visit ?

Or are you saying he is the victim and these crimes were carried out by another party ?

16. Retikulan

Gangster

So Churchill's words on Islam in The River War are as accurate then as they are now? Does that include the below quote from the same book?

"Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen; all know how to die"

17. stockhausen

Capodecina

"AS IF you wished to convert"? So you started out with an ulterior motive (prejudice) that was NOT to convert?

Not a Christian and clearly prejudiced against Isalm.

So other than an enthusiastic, vocal admirer of the racist thug Yaxley-Lennon, what exactly are you?

18. vanillaface

Gangster

Yeah, if their imam said that the Queen was really Allah in disguise, then that'd work. Lol.

19. vanillaface

Gangster

You actually quoted my answer to your subsequent question, duh: "When you look into each of those things, you'll find that some of them are real crimes, and some of them are not."

20. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

So he a criminal then ?