1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tommy Robinson arrested

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by nightrider1470, Jun 2, 2018.

1. C.R.A.Z.Y

Soldato

Racists and general knuckle draggers love him.
    His basically a hardcore racist that unlike most can string a coherent sentence together, he is therefore seen as a genius and worshipped like a god by his 'muslamic ray gun' cretins.

2. garnett

Soldato

Where did the BBC ignore this, then?

Fixed that Mrs Merton style question for you.

3. NeilF

Capodecina

The problem is when terms like "far right" and the like are banded around to demonise people or organisation. And what's also telling is when the smear seemingly continues on with needing to described individuals as "strange people"...

Undoubtably TR is no saint, but the treatment he has received, the way he is utterly and excessively demonised, the way he has been depersoned and deplatformed is to be honest a bit of a sad reflection of the democracy we're suppose to live in, and the free speech we're suppose to have.

4. Freakbro

Capodecina

What, like "far left"?

I agree people use the terms far too frequently, but let's be careful not to throw out the baby with the bathwater when in relevant circumstances it is the correct moniker

5. NeilF

Capodecina

I think your quote chain has got confused? No one mentioned the BBC?

Instead people were talking about political correctness having negative effects, such as the unwillingness to confront and honestly deal with the grooming gangs over decades. This political correctness and fear of being seen as racist seemingly meant councils, police and potentially even politicans have allowed tens of thousand of young girls to be abused and raped for fear of being described as racist should they acknowledge, publicise or deal with the crimes.

6. NeilF

Capodecina

All these descriptions are typically meaningless, lazy and just aimed at smearing and demonising; Typically for rather toxic/unproductive/unfair outcomes...

ie: I'd be hard pressed to point to people in the UK and describe them as "far left" or "far right". These terms have been so misused they're almost as meaningless now as the term "fascist" in the UK...

7. stockhausen

Capodecina

You don't think that Yaxley-Lennon would reasonably be described as on the "far right" then?
    You consider that those who support someone who is a violent, rabble rousing thug and who supports the EDL, BNP, Pegida, etc. are "normal people" then? Strange . . .
    At least you acknowledge that Yaxley-Lennon is no saint. He and his supporters seem quite happy to demonise others; I am not convinced that he is in favour of either democracy or free speech - maybe he is although I do get the impression that what he describes as free speech is criminal and is designed to provoke violence.

In a democratic society, you are perfectly entitled to support and to justify his behaviour, as others are perfectly entitled to criticise and ostracise him.

Definitely not either far-right or racist, just a wicked sense of humour from an advocate of free speech :rolleyes:

8. Freakbro

Capodecina

I wouldn't, that's the problem because it gets overused it loses its impact and actually gets used as a defense when being an accurate description against certain individusls/groups

McstylisT on here self describes himself as far right and I would disagree that the term fascist is meaningless in the UK, we still have openly fascist political organisations, which is perfectly legal.

9. Stolly

Mobster

Has Yaxley-Lennon given up pretending to be a journalist now ? Back to being a thug ?

10. NeilF

Capodecina

Undoubtably the terms can be applied correctly. Unfortunately they're misused too frequently, typically to smear an individual, group or organisation instead of addressing their actual points, actions or politics etc... Heck, even the term "Nazi" is branded around now things have got so meaningless and smear orientated.

News seems to imply he punched someone. News also seems to imply the individual - at the time of a pandemic - spat in his face. TR clearly doesn't do himself any favours that's for sure though with these altercations...

But if this was the scenario, it will be interesting to see if the same legal premise that allowed Prescott to defend himself from an egg in his face, allows TR to defend himself from spit in his face?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  11. Roar87

Soldato

This is what you believe we have in this country? Your standard of Fascism is basically just a party that is against open borders and generally prefers lower taxes rather than broad social systems. The left today basically compare any moderate Conservative to Hitler at the first opportunity.

12. garnett

Soldato

The mention of the BBC is literally there in the post of humbug's I quoted and which you quoted from.

Both of you were vague about the "they" you perceived as wrong to "bend the knee" or "ignoring mass rape". The BBC didn't ignore it, and neither did anyone else. It's just a useful lie Tommy supporters tell themselves as part of the cognitive dissonance they need to maintain their xenophobia.

13. NeilF

Capodecina

Ahh, I see the confusion now - The comment you quoted of mine has nothing to do with the BBC, and I made no suggested of the "BBC ignoring" anything. My point was purely that the politically correct environment we find outselves in has contribued to the grooming gang scandle. Again, nothing about the BBC.

I can understand your train of thought though...

As for "It's just a useful lie Tommy supporters tell themselves as part of the cognitive dissonance they need to maintain their xenophobia" - I'd suggest maybe reining in your accusations a little...

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

Feeble tommy excuses still going then.

15. jsmoke

Sgarrista

I always thought he was just p****d off because a section of Muslims became a bigger more dangerous gang than his and basically drove them out of Luton. He's butt hurt. Understandable, he spent many years as a football hooligan spending every Saturday or Wednesday down at the pub planning fights and then carrying them out.

16. FortuitousFluke

Mobster

It's difficult to pin him down, on the one hand he films everything he does, on the other hand a large proportion of his films seem to magically capture him needing to punch a foo', almost like it's a staged event.

Based on the above I'm going say he's a social influencer and part time prize street fighter.

17. Roar87

Soldato

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/police-chief-we-ignored-sex-abuse-of-children-hgrhc358v

lmao

18. garnett

Soldato

19. Roar87

Soldato

Apparently young teenage vulnerable white girls lives don't matter

20. NeilF

Capodecina

It is an worrying indictment on the state of this country. ie: That we just can't seem to face the matter head on and discuss it, and more importantly deal with it, honestly, openly and frankly :(

IMHO political correctness and the fear of being tarnish as a racist for accepting, reporting or investigating these crimes, meant they were all but ignored for decades. And worryingly the trend still seems to be there with child welfare organisations reporting these crimes are still taking place now. Add to this of course the update from the government that the Home Office report will thankfully be released, albeit after it has been reworked by an "External Reference Group". The concern is it will be watered down for exactly the same reasons it's taken so long to get to even this point.

ps: It wasn't/isn't just white girls of course. Religion seems to be a key factor in who is targetted by these gangs. eg: The Sikh community have suffered from this phenomena too, and why they are keen not to be included in the generic "asian" term being used.