1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tommy Robinson arrested

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by nightrider1470, Jun 2, 2018.

1. stockhausen

Capodecina

2. Crpwned

Hitman

Is there anywhere else reporting this? Nothing comes up apart from that 'news' network with no links to the actual case or anything.

3. wesimmo

Mobster

So much you can provide precisely none.

4. wesimmo

Mobster

Have they?

Find one independent source that confirms a convicted liars word and we can talk.

What you do is let your support of an unsupportable person cloud your view of the facts.

You don't read up on the facts, that is obviously a lie, as you haven't in this case, you've taken the word of morons.

5. Tony Edwards

Mobster

So you do know there is an actual video of him hitting someone from behind in the face and too me it looked like the guy was just getting up so not that threatening. Unless he hit him twice.

6. humbug

Caporegime

The problem is for 20 years they got a free pass because they were Pakistani men.

And this...

7. humbug

Caporegime

8. Hades

Capodecina

Is that a statement or a question?

Oh I've no doubt about that if you say there is. There are also witnesses saying TR was spat at and his young daughter reported being touched by a man in the swimming pool. So in all cases there are witnesses supporting the alleged offence (witnesses for spitting, witnesses for hitting, separate victim statement from an underage girl reporting being groped). That's my point; that we should treat all victims equally and all suspected purpotrators equally, regradless of our own personal feelings due to the person themselves. That's what a civilised society does.

Indeed, provocation (being spat and or having someone feel up your daughter) is arguably a mitigating factor when considering sentencing. For example, John Prescott was not prosecuted for hitting someone after they threw an egg at him because it was considered to be a provocation (JP actually said he was defending himself - despite egging politicians being a very common). So, assuming he was spat at (as supported by witnesses), then should TR be prosecuted for something very similar? If he should be prosecuted then should we go back and prosecute John Presott too?

Or do you think we should treat people differently under the law depending on who they are and how we feel about them?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  9. Hades

Capodecina

Oh, OK. That's alright then. Nothing to see here. Let's move on and not try to protect the victims or understand the causes and prevent more of it.

What a silly statement.

Do the figures you are referring to show the percentages of white, non-white convictions? e.g. in 2011 approx 81% of the UK population were considered white (it will be less now) so what percentage of convicted paedophiles are white, black, asian, etc? Are white people over represented against the percentage population? Would you mind linking to those figures?

Genuinely interested in these figures too, especially as the vast majority of the world population are non-white. If the majority of convicted paedophiles worldwide are white then it's something we need to look into to understand the causes and prevent it. Please could you link to your figures? Is there any pattern about which countries are worse than others? How has the study taken into account the differing ages of consent, different laws and the different propensities to report and prosecute?

If it's true then it's something we need to highlight more in those countries so that we can find the causes and prevent it (I mean that - we should highlight it if what you say is correct).

10. NeilF

Capodecina

*deleted due to brain spaz*

11. Hades

Capodecina

@NeilF I think you attributed one of the above questions about treating people same/different under the law to NH786 when it was from me :)

12. stockhausen

Capodecina

Didn't all this happen in Barrow?
    Isn't Barrow in Cumbria?
    Whereabouts might you be based?
    Surely you can point to "plenty of evidence" and at least one witness? ;)

13. humbug

Caporegime

The Asian population = 4.2m, of those 1.12m are Pakistani. https://www.nomisweb.co.uk/census/2011/KS201EW/view/2092957703?cols=measures

The majority of child rape cases involve offenders known by the victims.

Outside of that (street grooming) offenders are 38% white, 36% Asian, almost the same figure as white (over 90%) with Asian's being 7% of the population.

And these figures are based on convictions, those Pakistani grooming gangs were in most cases never even charged.

There is a government investigation report into this that would shed light into the true scale of it... but while at first promising to make that report public, now that it is complete they are refusing to do so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_sexual_abuse_in_the_United_Kingdom

14. Chatty72

Gangster

I'm in Barrow. Just trawl through Facebook something will show up.

15. Chatty72

Gangster

Why should I? I've seen the videos why do I need to provide you with anything.

16. NeilF

Capodecina

Not sure what the heck happened there? Brain or forum spaz! I'll clear the post etc. Apologies...

17. stockhausen

Capodecina

What a surprise :eek:
    Actually, I was looking for a "reputable" news source, I dare say that somebody may believe Zuckerberg's rumour mill - maybe not.

18. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

Can't stop them being dirty nonces because that would be racist of course.

19. wesimmo

Mobster

You don't, you just look stupid if you claim something and then refuse to show evidence.

20. jsmoke

Sgarrista