Tony Blair cancels book signing

Soldato
BBC News said:
Tony Blair cancels book signing amid protest fears

Mr Blair told Daybreak on ITV1 it was "not as if we need" to do signings

Tony Blair has cancelled a planned book signing in London on Wednesday to prevent causing the public and the police "a lot of hassle".

Lindsey German, convener of the Stop The War Coalition, said the former prime minister "was too frightened to appear at the book signing because he knows that the protests represent widespread opposition to his war-mongering".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11197376

Well, I'm utterly disappointed and fairly angry as to why this has happened. I was going to go up to London with some friends on Wednesday, and was really looking forward to the opportunity to meet him and perhaps pop a question or two. Unfortunately, however, the anti-war lobby had different plans. So thank you, it just goes to show that you can influence a former prime minister with nothing but eggs, shoes and violence.

At least the Stop The War Coalition don't have to live up to their promise of closing every Waterstones store in the country, now. :rolleyes:

Soldato
smileyshrug.gif

Soldato
I think he's done enough giving the royalties away, I'm not sure people would want his autograph anyway.

Plus he's right about cause bother to the police, they have better things to be doing.

Capodecina
Soldato
... Well, I'm utterly disappointed and fairly angry as to why this has happened. I was going to go up to London with some friends on Wednesday, and was really looking forward to the opportunity to meet him and perhaps pop a question or two. ...
I think that you may find that there is a lot more to do in London than try to catch a fleeting glimpse of Butcher Blair.

As it happens, you would have been most unlikely to have engaged him in conversation or "popped a question or two" - that is absolutely forbidden in case you embarrass him.

... Unfortunately, however, the anti-war lobby had different plans. So thank you, it just goes to show that you can influence a former prime minister with nothing but eggs, shoes and violence. ...
Much as Blair had in mind in the case of Iraq when he joined up with the madman Bush to launch "shock and Awe" . . . but without the eggs and shoes . . . just the relentless, mindless violence :mad:

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Does that mean the Stop the War Coalition are now going to rename themselves the Stop the Book Signing Coalition? At least they actually managed the latter. :)

Soldato
OP
I think that you may find that there is a lot more to do in London than try to catch a fleeting glimpse of Butcher Blair.

As it happens, you would have been most unlikely to have engaged him in conversation or "popped a question or two" - that is absolutely forbidden in case you embarrass him.

Much as Blair had in mind in the case of Iraq when he joined up with the madman Bush to launch "shock and Awe" . . . but without the eggs and shoes . . . just the relentless, mindless violence :mad:
What? :confused:

Man of Honour
Damn, we could have made a fortune sending him the bill for policing his demonstrations... In fact, we should just send the war criminal the bill for his security anyway... He's costing taxpayers a fortune.

Caporegime
I'm truly amazed that people want the signature of a man who almost bankrupted the country, both financially and morally. It's like Anne frank going to the signing of Mein Kampf.

Caporegime
Well, I'm utterly disappointed and fairly angry as to why this has happened. I was going to go up to London with some friends on Wednesday, and was really looking forward to the opportunity to meet him and perhaps pop a question or two.
Beg pardon? You really think Tony was there for a Q&A? The only thing the odious little cretin would have done would have been to cost the taxpayer money due to the policing costs. We already waste enough money paying for his protection, book signings that further expand his purse? Cancelling it is the least he can do.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
The only thing the odious little cretin would have done would have been to cost the taxpayer money due to the policing costs.

Surely the cost is due to the muppets protesting by throwing eggs and bricks? If people were not doing that then there wouldn't need to be as much policing costs.

We already waste enough money paying for his protection, book signings that further expand his purse? Cancelling it is the least he can do.

I thought all profits from the book were going to the British Legion, so it isn't really expanding his purse is it?

Back
Top Bottom