Top Gun: Maverick

Soldato
The risk vs reward over yet another delay must be huge. The studio has already spent the cash making the film, marketing it etc so how much longer do they think they can they go before they "need" to release it if yet another variant pops up around the world etc.

For me, the death of the Black Widow hype and its subsequent "meh" box office is directly linked to the constant delays with people's mass adoption of streaming just adding more nails to the coffin of "mass consumption" chain cinemas.

Soldato
The risk vs reward over yet another delay must be huge. The studio has already spent the cash making the film, marketing it etc so how much longer do they think they can they go before they "need" to release it if yet another variant pops up around the world etc.

For me, the death of the Black Widow hype and its subsequent "meh" box office is directly linked to the constant delays with people's mass adoption of streaming just adding more nails to the coffin of "mass consumption" chain cinemas.

It's not just that. Most films are often financed through loans of one sort or another, and the interest on those loans needs to be serviced. The longer a film sits unreleased, the more expensive those loans become over time, and the less profit you get out of a film, if you're not already making a loss.

There was talk that Legendary was shopping themselves around for sale because they couldn't finance themselves as their films were not being released to make money and keep the business going.

Soldato
It's almost as if they want the cinemas to close.

I'm heading back to the big screen for Dune and (maybe) Bond, but what's going to bring me back after those now? It certainly isn't the superhero stuff that I'm totally bored to death of.

Edit: Ghostbusters AL will get me down depending on reviews.

Back
Top Bottom